shoes

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 26. Aug 2011, 16:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
Okay ladies forget you have arthritus!what sort of shoes would you buy?
mine are red stilletos. :roll: Mig

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    well to be true not sure spent years just looking for shoes that comphy have got some dressy shoes but never wear them not worth the pain will have to give it some thought and get back to you val
    val
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    High heeled boots,big stilletto's

my daughter is 22 and some of the beautiful shoes she wears i feel jealous lol!mind you the height of them sets my arthur off just at the thought of wearing them :grin:
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Ooooooooh I love shoes. I have never been able to wear high heels and I think they are just gorgeous. My sister in law recently bought a pair of amazing high heels for a family wedding, the ones with the wedge at the front. They are so beautiful and I must admit that I am a tad jealous. The thing is that I am four foot ten and she is five foot ten (without the heels). So imagine the scene at the wedding, there was me in my comfy flat dolly shoes and my sister-in -law in her lovely heels which brought her height to over six feet. Little and Large springs to mind lol :grin:
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I used to wear high heels most of the time, but now I'm restricted to flat shoes and sandals. However, I was determined to wear a pair of gorgeous strappy high-heeled shoes for my son's wedding a few years ago. I practised walking in them because I hadn't worn heels for ages, and on the day I felt really good in them.

That was the very last time I wore heels, and now I couldn't contemplate wearing them. I still have the shoes, and try them on from time to time, just to remember how glam they made me feel. Happy days :!: :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    awwwww I love shoes and I also look at my daughters and wish I could wear hers.

I haven't wore heals for over 20 years :sad:

But if I could wear them I would have lots and lots, high heels and every colour. :grin:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    knee high boots, tight fit.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Thigh high black patent leather boots with stiletto heels ; oops sorry , hubby dictated that post ! Jillyb
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    ive got a gorgeous pair of silver peep toes that i still wear if i know im sitting down,and even better if its at a table with a tableclothe then i slip them off lol
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Anyone who knows me knows that I love shoes and I have all the shoes described above (and lots more)! My arthur isn't always in my feet and I have a desk job, so I can still wear heels, even if it's only to work and/ or to parties/ nights out. If I wear them too long I do pay the price, but I do take painkillers during the day now if I know I'm going to be out in the evening and standing for long periods.... I don't wear them much in winter though.

My current favourites are a sunny yellow, high heeled, strappy pair :D

Some people say I'm being silly and making arthur worse, but I've always said the emotional benefits to me of wearing them more than outweight the pain they cause - so I'm going to wear them as long as I can!

Nxx