Frozen Milk Idea

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 27. Aug 2011, 07:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
My neighbour came up with this wizard wheeze. Pour a pint of skimmed milk into one of those ice cube bag thingies and pop it into the freezer. If you run out of milk and can't get out for one reason or another, pop out one or two balls of milk into a mug, thaw in a microwave quick-quick-quickety-quick and you can have that cuppa. I dunno if other types of milk can be frozen, we only have the skimmed variety. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    if i remember right people do this with breast milk as well think low fat best for it val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    valval wrote:
    if i remember right people do this with breast milk as well think low fat best for it val

That's taking it a bit far just for a quick cup of tea,Val :!: :lol::lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Good Idea dd's neighbour.
    Thank you for the tip. :grin:

juliepf x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    The things you learn on this forum !!!I just love it all.Mig
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Or even better don't have any milk in your T!, we don't and it's really nice Earl Grey is good as it doen't stew like normal T, if try it for a while say a couple of weeks and when you get given a cup with even skimed milk in it, you will notice it will smell of fat, trust me it will smell awful!.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    valval wrote:

:shock:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Only the Tetley's has milk mel, the scented teas never. Tetley's without milk? Yeeuch. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Only the Tetley's has milk mel, the scented teas never. Tetley's without milk? Yeeuch. DD

Man's T is that, don't knock it till you try it ya poof DD!! :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    never have milk in tea like earl grey best but will drink and and it does smell and taste awfull with milk
    val
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    valval wrote:

Low fat breast milk? :shock: I never breast fed my girls, but I thought I knew enough about it to know there's only one kind?? LOL

Nxx
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    You can just freeze the whole carton and then leave it to defrost my mom does this all the time :grin: (with whole milk)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi DD,

Earl grey, to me, sells like cat wee.... I haven't tasted cus of that.... :wink:

You can freeze both sheep and mares milk and often do and it thaws out really well and mares has a quite high fat content.

I often have frozen milk in the freezer..... have to be careful cus long ago we used to keep the lambs dinner ( ie sheep milk) in the ordinary plastic milk bottle...

apparently it tastes disgusting in tea :lol: I ended up drawing a big smiley sheep on the bottle..... xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    skezier wrote:
    Hi DD,
    we used to keep the lambs dinner ( ie sheep milk) in the ordinary plastic milk bottle...

apparently it tastes disgusting in tea :lol: I ended up drawing a big smiley sheep on the bottle..... xx

very wise Cris....very wise :shock:
  • mellman01
    valval wrote:
    never have milk in tea like earl grey best but will drink and and it does smell and taste awfull with milk

See Val knows!, as for breats milk flippin heck!, that's one step away from cannibolisum in my book!