Babies

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 27. Aug 2011, 13:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
I love these pictures of new-born babies, so thought I would post a link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029199/Newborn-babies-picture-perfect-captured-sleeping-peacefully.html

Oooh, I've gone all soppy now :lol:

Oh dear, I hope Mell doesn't think this is another boring thread, but I do love little babies. Why do they have to grow up :?: :lol:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ah Joan :grin:

You softie!!

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Lovely pictures but just remember they are teenagers in the making.Mig
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    I also think babies are very cute and cuddly but I have to agree with Mig. My babies are teenagers and I now understand why some animals eat their own offspring :green
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • joanlawson
    Del- They do look good enough to eat, don't they? But I notice that they are all photographed fast asleep and looking like little angels. They might not look so cute at 3 o'clock in the morning screaming their little heads off and refusing to go to sleep.

With having twins, I had two babies at once to look after, and there were many nights when I got hardly any sleep at all ( mainly caused by my son, who was a very noisy baby, and now a very noisy adult :roll: )

Toni- I AM a complete softie :lol:

Mig and weejean- Yes, I know what you mean about teenagers. My eldest grand-daughter is now at the stage where we are lucky if we get so much as a grunt of disapproval from her :roll: :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    it not just teens that grunt a forty year old at work does it all the time to me i speak to her just to winde her up some times :green can not help my self
    have not looked at pics do not do babies had two and that was enough not got to the granny stage yet
    had my two 18 month apart as was up with oldest he would not sleep thought i might as well be up with two and sods law youngest slept through bless him oldest still does not sleep val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Oh Joan they were beautiful

I am a softie too :grin:

juliepf x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Oh Val mine were the same 18 months apart eldest never slept and youngest slept through from the day she was born. They are still the same now.
    They are the same age too....think we should pair them off? lol.
    E xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    Val, when you get to the granny stage, it's the best thing in the world because you get all the fun part of babies without the work and sleepless nights etc. I can recommend it :grin:

Julie, I've always been a softie for babies and children. Did you see David Cameron's little girl, Florence, on the news? She is beautiful :grin:

There's a video of her on this link if you missed it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/8722199/Camerons-show-off-baby-Florence-in-visit-to-birthplace.html
  • joanlawson
    tkachev wrote:
    Oh Val mine were the same 18 months apart eldest never slept and youngest slept through from the day she was born. They are still the same now.
    They are the same age too....think we should pair them off? lol.
    E xx

Elizabeth, it makes you wonder whether their personalities are formed in the womb. My daughter was very easy to look after; she slept well and didn't cry very much. I always say that she seemed to have been born sensible, and she still is. My son was completely different; a very noisy baby who didn't sleep and wanted to play in the middle of the night. Now as an adult, he is still noisy and lives his life at a very hectic pace. He works hard and plays hard. As they are twins, they had exactly the same upbringing, but they are very different.
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    I do love newborn babies, always have done. I loved carrying mine around like a new accessory :D

We spend the first couple of years of their lives teaching them to walk and talk... then the next 20 years telling them to sit down and shut up :D

Nxx
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Our best friends had a beautiful new baby girl last week we flying over to see her on Tuesday I can't wait. xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Thankyou joan for showing the david cameron video. I hadn't seen that, their little girl is adorable, but, hey it doesn't seem two mins that they announced her birth.

Will have to go and watch our dvds of lisa now (converted from vhs) cause I have gone all soppy. :lol:

juliepf x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    delboy wrote:
    I like babies but couldn't eat a whole one. 8)

Dad, is that you?!?! :lol:

I love babies, especially squishy newborn ones. I can't wait to have my own. I nanny for 19 month old twins and have been with them since they were 3 months. It's amazing watching them grow into little people.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    delboy wrote:
    I like babies but couldn't eat a whole one. 8)

Dad, is that you?!?! :lol:

I love babies, especially squishy newborn ones. I can't wait to have my own. I nanny for 19 month old twins and have been with them since they were 3 months. It's amazing watching them grow into little people.