The mayhem starts again! No OA in knees so what?

Ankyspond
Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
edited 28. Aug 2011, 13:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well back from our French travels about 3am this morning, today was a mad round of talking to schools and catching up with the letters, unpacking without getting to grips with the washing.

Got the dog from the lady who has him while we are away and he came home limping, took him to the vet and he got severe muscle damage and gave him shot of morphine and anti inflam medication. Poor thing is so spaced out he can't walk properly.

Tomorrow have to drive my son back to Aberdeen uni to help him move flats and drive home on Monday, I can feel the pain already.

But on Tuesday am flying to Dublin to see our best friends new baby so a lovely way to end my school holidays (I teach).

Due to running out of Naproxen on holiday I am crawling off the ceiling now yet again. Had the X Ray results and no trace of OA in my knees so who knows what this horrendous pain and locking in my knees is.

Oh well and so the holiday seems so distant and I return on the rollercoaster of pain, frusteration and tears. xxx
AS Sufferer
Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Anky,

Poor lad I hope he will soon be a lot better. Its nit his crusias is it? That's a bit more difficult and i so hope its not.

Hope your get a good run to Aberdeen (is it far from you?) and your boy gets a good term.

You knees thing... soft tissue and 'slight' inflammation wont show up on xrays so I think maybe you need to ask your gp what i wrong with your knee and see if he has any ideas. There might be a few things that could help like physio etc.

It could be referred pain from the back and the fact you ran out of tablets will mean its able to to really hit you. Don't leave it hanging as you need some kind of diagnosis on it flower.

Hope you have enjoyed your hols and what age group do you teach?

Oh and where is the sun you re meant to bring back?! :lol: Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Anky

welcome Home!!! Good to see you and hear you had a great time....did l at any point ask where you went in France?? We went to the Dordogne ealier in August.

Good luck with sorting your lad out in Aberdeen...a long way from here...l hope he is settled by the time you leave and then off to see a gorgeous baby :grin:

Maybe if the pain in your knee is not OA and soft tissue/inflamatory it wont show so you ought to ask GP what is the next step (pardon the pun :oops: )

Love

Toni xx
  • Ankyspond
    Chris, not sure what it us with dog, he feeling very sorry for himself. Had to carry him upstairs last night, he ate something this morning so morphine must be wearing off. The worst thing is person who was supposed to be looking after him said she didn't know or see anything even though he was limping awful when he got home. :evil Hoping when anti inflam med kicks in he will be ok, more worry than kids. 

Unfortunately I live in the midlands so Aberdeen a long way away, it will knock me back for a while but has to be done. My husband working and our son needs to take his bike, some furniture and lots stuff back up and move when we get there of else he would have flown up or gone on train. To be honest I will be no use to him after the journey. Things you do for your kids! 

Will have to go back to GP about my knee just so fed up with it all really. I teach ICT in secondary but only three days a week due to my arthritis. The weather is awful cannot believe how bad it's been since we got back. :cry: Must get off big day ahead. Xxxx. :lol:

Toni, we spent half the time in DES Ormes, Brittany and other half in Jard Sur Mur, Vendee. Preferred the styles and area in Brittany but loved the beaches in Vendee. We were very lucky to have just one day of bad weather. :grin:

I will have to get my knee sorted can't leave it like this, GP told me if not OA then it prob my AS but I know you don't get locking of the knees with AS. :oops:  Anyway thanks for your message, must dash long day ahead. Xxxx :lol:
    AS Sufferer
  • Ankyspond
    No trip to Aberdeen for me I have food poisoning and just come back from hospital feeling very ill. Can't take naproxen so guess what inhale instore pain and more pain on top of this. Xx
    AS Sufferer
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I would say inflammation too. I get it when I cut down on my super meds (MTX and Humira) and th pain is awful and they crack and buckle whereas I usually have no knee pain or problems, just pain when stretching them out at bedtime.

Sorry to read about the food poisoning which is horrid. I hope you recover quickly as you have lots to catch up with.

Hope that helps
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Ankyspond

Lovely to have you back, but I am sorry that you had to come home to a limping dog. The poor thing, I bet he was feling sorry for himself after his injection. Hope that today he is back to his normal self.
    Sorry that you have not been able to go to aberdeen and that the cause was tummy upset. I hope that passes soon for you and the knees inprove too. (gosh you are in the wars too) :sad:

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Hi Anky

Poor you :x Sorry to hear you are so unwell, hope you have a speedy recovery. Hope your dog is ok as well, they are just like the kids, you worry so much about them xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Good grief, what a time we're having of it right now, Anky! Do you think the government have put something in the water?? I hope you get things sorted soon and more settled, don't forget to look after yourself.

Nxx
  • Ankyspond
    Hi peeps,

Thanks for the posts and concern, it seems to be the view that my knees could be inflammation will have to check it out.

Dog is much better managing to get up and down stairs although not himself, if you walk past him he cowers down or shyster away which is very unlike him. We are concerenced what may have happened while he was away and how he got the injury but he won't be going there anymore.

I am feeling a lot better today although totally drained to be honest so another lazy day for me, I struggle not doing anything as I always feel guilty.

I often think about the saying "things are sent to try us" because I am being tried am being gried at the minute from all ways. Nina maybe the government has put something in the water, hhhhhmmmmmmmm
    AS Sufferer
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    It does sound as if something 'bad' happened to your dog while you were away. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Ankyspond
    Don't think we will ever get to find out what happened to be honest, only TLC for the dog and never sent send him there again. There is no way she could have not known he was limping then state he was in, we think he has cocked his leg somewhere and they kicked him. But at least he home now and being spoilt. X
    AS Sufferer