Help with hip pain? anything i haven't tried yet..

traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
edited 17. Sep 2011, 17:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am currently experiencing a bad bout with my hips..
Hard to get comfortable and get rid of the very heavy achy feeling i have..
Am currently on tramadol, diclofenac, hydroxychloroquine, steroid injection every 12 weeks and paracetamol on bad days like today..
Have had hot and cold compress on today which hasn't really helped..
Just wondered if anyone had any other ideas i could try please..
They say 2 heads are better than one lol..
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you are suffering, I use heat on my aches and pains it works wonders. Wheat bag in the microwave are brill. xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • traluvie
    Had to swap and change on each hi[p today with hot and cold as i only have one hot water bottle.. i just remembered i have a wheat bag.. the kids hate the smell of it so i put it away lol.. will be getting that out to try and get comfy tonight..x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hope you sleep well ((())) val
    val
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    traluvie wrote:
    Had to swap and change on each hi[p today with hot and cold as i only have one hot water bottle.. i just remembered i have a wheat bag.. the kids hate the smell of it so i put it away lol.. will be getting that out to try and get comfy tonight..x

I also hate the smell, spray some nice perfume on it or some lavender it works a treat. Sleep tight. xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    They DO whiff a bit don't they?

My kids don't like them , but needs must eh? They mould better to your shape and the heat is more consistent that the hotties l think.

Hope today is a bit better anyway Trce and you don't need it so much.

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Morning
    The smell of the natural ones is dreadful isnt it? I buy the scented ones {usually lavendar} but if you cant find one.....like someone said {sorry its early :oops: } spray some nice perfume on it

Love
    Hileena
  • traluvie
    Mine is supposed to be lavender but does not smell like that lol..

Kids stayed away from me last night when i got it out.. they were like "mom do you have too" lol..

Will try the perfume on it, maybe some fabreeze may last longer??
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    My OH makes the wheatbags with lavendar in them, I whiff eversonicely! 2nd press is quite cheap to buy.
  • sennacharib
    sennacharib Member Posts: 76
    I get hip pain but not too sure if it is related to my degenerative discs in lumbar sine or to my suspected RA, but my GP gave me tramadol and i started on 4 a day then im now on top limit, it doesnt take it all away but it helps, i am also on plaquenil and a host of other drugs too, it may be worth talking to your GP about tramadol as it may help you :)

Let us know, take care, hope your feeling better soon xxxx
  • traluvie
    I get hip pain but not too sure if it is related to my degenerative discs in lumbar sine or to my suspected RA, but my GP gave me tramadol and i started on 4 a day then im now on top limit, it doesnt take it all away but it helps, i am also on plaquenil and a host of other drugs too, it may be worth talking to your GP about tramadol as it may help you :)

Let us know, take care, hope your feeling better soon xxxx
    Hi I take 8 tramadol, hydroxychloroquine,diclofenac and steroid injection don't think I can have anymore lol. The good thing is that it has wore off today so am able to move about it's great lol. X
  • sennacharib
    sennacharib Member Posts: 76
    That sounds like what i am on, only i am on oral steriods. I also take 8 tramadol a day and i did ask my GP for oramorph as i felt that the tramadol didnt completely take all pain away, but he refused me saying it is addictive and didnt want me on it....yet i have heard tramadol is addicitve?!

I am pleased your feeling little better today and you are able to move, but maybe you could get something stronger by talking to your GP and have it instead of the tramadol perhaps?

Let us know, big hugs :)

Love senna xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Please remember that nothing ever takes the pain away completely, it always returns. Adjusting to constant pain is hard, we know that things flare and then ease so I hope the easing comes sooner rather than later. When things are really rough I try to get ahead of the pain and then keep topped up with the weaker dullers, I find that helps better than chucking down the strong ones all the time. I also employ the breathing/visualisation techniques etc: OK they don't always work (last night for example!) but they can (and do) make a difference. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Please remember that nothing ever takes the pain away completely, it always returns. Adjusting to constant pain is hard, we know that things flare and then ease so I hope the easing comes sooner rather than later. When things are really rough I try to get ahead of the pain and then keep topped up with the weaker dullers, I find that helps better than chucking down the strong ones all the time. I also employ the breathing/visualisation techniques etc: OK they don't always work (last night for example!) but they can (and do) make a difference. DD

Thanks DD..I strted to do the breathing techniques again after i read your post on them..Like you say sometimes it works and other times it doesn;t..A good example was today when i went for my gynae scan,,, there i was behind the curtain huffing and puffing while struggling to balance and take me bottoms off.. As i struiggled to get on the couch and lift my bum up in the air the pain shot through my hips and out came a yelp and i started panting.. the woman poked her head round the corner and looked at me like i was mad lol..probably thought i was going into labour..It worked and i refocused.. :lol: Am slowly getting used to the variations of pain and when i could do with less or more pain dullers.. am not a great fan of tablets but would rather take them and feel some benefits than not at all..I will try taking the weaker dullers and keeping them topped up as you suggested..Thanks.. How are you feeling today?..x
  • tweedie
    tweedie Member Posts: 70
    Hiya,
    Like you I had/have hip pain , sent in end to the pain clinic and the pain is from my back , so now have trigger point injections , so a few weeks relief , maybe your hips are the same ?
    Joanna
    (Tweedie)
    xxxxx
  • annew
    annew Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I too still have pain in my hips even with Butrans patches and paracetamol so I use a TENS machine. It works for me and I was able to try one free from my physio for 8 weeks before I bought my own.
    Hope you find some relief.
  • mimiofdc
    mimiofdc Member Posts: 24
    I use one of those underblanket warmers (heated bed warmers) on my bed - the electric type because I am too lazy to use the wheat thingy!

Has three settings and basically is like a heating pad for my entire spine. I have a single size because my husband cant stand that much heat even in winter. They cost from about £20 last time I checked. I melt into it everynight except hot summer nights.

I am sitting on it now as I type. Ahhh...