FINALLY go for my blood and xray tests tommorow

niecsey
niecsey Member Posts: 75
edited 31. Aug 2011, 11:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Been along time coming and thanks to an observant physio l am NOW at last been looked at for AS!! I did have spine xrays 2.5 years ago which showed loss of curve to lower spine and wear and tear to upper spine but since then things have got alot worse and lve had no further treatment other than pain killers and physio which started last week. I dont want As but if l have it then l have it.... l just want to know what is wrong with me so l can get on with my life which has been very limited for the last few years bringing with it a lot of frustration and gulity feeling, mood swings and despair etc etc Tommorow is my birthday l hope its an omen, lm actually wishing the spine xrays will of changed a lot so they can see just how much l really have been suffering. Sorry to rant just need somewhere to do it :) Thanks all. Oh by the way l am having sacrilum iliac joints xrayed lumber, and thoriac, Blood trst include HBLA (forgot the number 27?) rheumtaoid athritis, esr
aautoimmune and something else xxx

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Niecsey,

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. I know what it's like 'not knowing' why you're in so much pain and just wanting answers. I hope you get on ok.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow,

Magenta x
  • niecsey
    Thank you l will be ok l always bounce back just taking a bit longer last few days been rough thanks again xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Good luck for all the tests and l hope you have a great Birthday :grin:

h110.gif Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    it's good to hear that you may be getting somewhere at long last, I hope all the tests go well and that some help is now just around the corner. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi Nicesey

The gene they are looking for is HLAB27 as you said which is present in a lot of people who have AS. I am positive for it, but I dont have AS, but RA. Although I do have RA in my spine which could mean AS as well I suppose!

Anyway, good luck for today, its good that they are doing all the tests, then you can get a diagnosis and move on.

Happy birthday!

Janie
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Hi,
    It's the not knowing and the wait to find out what you have. At least you are getting somewhere.
    Happy birthday for tomorrow and I wish you well.
    Love May
  • niecsey
    Thanks all xxx its done now so just the wait!!! I did notice when l was lay on the x ray bed just how lop sided l am!! l felt like my right hand side of my pelvis was higher up than the left and also raised if that makes sense> I wasnt comfy at all!! EEEEEEeeee sounds mad but l hope they see l have deteriated since last x rays ... bloody awful havnt to say that isnt it? So frustrating! Thanks again all of you l will let you know what happens. My rheumatoid athritis test have always come back normal in the past but l know that can change been doing a lot of reading lately. Thank you all have a pain free day xxx