Sore Skin

Options
Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 31. Aug 2011, 15:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
The skin of the middle joint of my middle finger feels sore to the touch my doctor says its osteoarthritis

Ive never heard of the skin actually beeing sore from that Any ideas

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    is it red?? could be touch of inflimation in i,t try ibuprophen if you can take it??
    val
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    I have OA and sometimes the pain in my hands isn't in the joint, but in the tissue between them. So I suppose it is part of OA.
    Scozzie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Your skin contains nerves, nerves are pain detectors/receptors, so the skin feels sore. That's my take on it anyway (but I am not a doc). I hope it eases soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Never heard of this, but are you sure it's the skin?
    I have sore knuckles but it's more a case of my skin is so stretched over the dformed joints and due to steriods vey thin so I think it's the joint that hurts and not the skin.
    But I don't really know, just an idea.
    Anita.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Lotsof pain

I tend to think l would try what Val suggests for a while and see if it helps????

Whichever anti-inflammatory you are on.

Hope it eases for you...just a thought....you could always check at the pharmacy??

Love

Toni xx
  • okidoki
    okidoki Member Posts: 29
    Options
    hi, when i had my interview with the pain clinic that was one of the questions asked. do you get sore skin. answered yes and asked her why she asked that, the answer i got was we all get different types of pain. i am sure she said it was a type of nerve pain,(fibro fog dont help).
    i have OA IA and fibro. i get the sore skin feeling in arms legs back chest and the back of my hands. so it is a type of pain for you. hope this helps.