Why men are happier

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 31. Aug 2011, 15:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Men don't get depressed as much as women. This is why............

Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can never be pregnant. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another petrol station toilets because this one is just too disgusting. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time.

Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks and engines. A five-day holiday requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.

Your underwear is £8.95 for a ten-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. You never have bra strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original colour. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life. One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one colour for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can 'do' your nails with a penknife. You have the freedom of choice concerning growing a moustache.

You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.

No wonder men are happier :!: :roll:

Joan :grin:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Nice one Joan!!!

Did you write that one yourself?? It' amazingly accurate from my (female) perspective :wink:

'cept in my husband's case as far as 'moods' are concerned :roll:

Love

toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    :lol:

Mind you, I wouldn't be without men. They are lovely things. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Never thought of that joan....yes it makes sense :lol:

juliepf x
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    So true :lol:
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    and they have us thery have it all
    val
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Joan, did you have my husband in mind when you wrote this??

Nxx :D
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Very good , Joan , but as DD said , wouldn't be without mine either ; looks after me so well . Jillyb
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    You seem to know me well............... have we met?
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Loved reading this!

Although the mood bit is not right with my hubby, he has several moods, happy, grumpy, dozy, mostly grumpy! :lol:

My hisband also packs more than me when we go on holiday, can you believe it! When he works away and packs his case (every week), I have to help him otherwise he would take half his wardrobe, I m sure he was a woman in a previous life!

Janie
  • joanlawson
    Airwave! wrote:
    You seem to know me well............... have we met?

No, I don't think so, but I have observed many examples of the male of the species to reach these conclusions. In fact, I've got a PhD in man-watching :grin:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    i people watch if you seen the state of the blokes around here you would never watch them :roll:
    val
  • joanlawson
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    :lol:

Mind you, I wouldn't be without men. They are lovely things. DD

Yes DD, bless their little cotton socks :roll: Infuriating, exasperating, irritating, and downright annoying they might be, but can't live with them, can't live without them :grin:

I've heard it said that when women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. :roll:
  • joanlawson
    valval wrote:
    i people watch if you seen the state of the blokes around here you would never watch them :roll:

.............but someone's got to do it, Val :lol: