Not had a day without rain for 5 weeks

alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 2. Sep 2011, 06:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is this a record, wev'e not had a day without some kind of rain for 5 weeks. The coldest August night I can ever remember on Tuesday, I even made a hot water bottle.
Global warming, is someone having a laugh, wots it been like where you live. Alanthemanc. :sad:

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    yuk not much rain but clouds
    val
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Not had much rain here but very windy and chilly for days now ; they say it has been the coolest summer for years . Jillyb
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I think you've been stealing all the rain, Alan. Here in Derbyshire, the ground is bone-dry because we've had very little rain for weeks now. Tuesday night was very cold here too, and I put the central heating on for a while.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • alanthemanc
    Joan / Val,
    I was watching a part washed out cricket match over the Bank Holiday, and the scene over the Pennine Hills was like something from December.
    Horizontal rain, cloud, wind, unbelievable, I was wearing gloves just to keep warm.
    This weekend must be better,it can't be worse. Someone said, thats 5 bad August's in a row, the Hotel owners must be going bump. Alanthemanc
  • joanlawson
    Perhaps we'll have an Indian Summer in September. I hope so :grin:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Utter downpours, odd very light showers, and what is that mystery thing called the sun? It's cooler too, I don't mind that. I would like some brightness however, that would not go amiss. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hardly any rain Alan....

the grass is all brown and yellow one or two trees have dropped their leaves already droughtish in my opinion.

BUT not many sunny days either..overcast mostly :sad:

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Poor you - with all the rain - very depressing.

A couple of days of heavy rain and the rest dry, often with sunny afternoons. I prefer it to be cooler :smile: but it is not cold by any means.

The sun is shining now :grin:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Perhaps it hasn't been raining in Joan's part of Derbyshire, but near the centre of Derby where we live, it's been raining almost every day too! Plays havoc with the arthritis, doesn't it?

Nxx
  • alanthemanc
    HURRAY, a beautiful day today, warm as well, maybe coming on here has made the difference, you might be right Joan. Alanthemanc
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    WE had a great day too here yesterday Alan :grin:

Glad you made the most of it :wink:

Love
    toni xx
  • joanlawson
    The sun has been shining for the past couple of days, so I hope I was right about an Indian Summer. It often seems to turn warm and sunny when the children go back to school after bad weather through August. When I was teaching full-time, I often used to notice this.