new to this

soraya
soraya Member Posts: 108
edited 8. Sep 2011, 10:48 in Say Hello Archive
Hi im soraya and just wanted to say hello and explain the reason i have joined your group, approx 6 mths ago i started experiencing pain in my feet and was finding it hard to get out of bed without feeling stiffness in my back ,feet and hands i just thought i was over doing things as im only 43 and although not 20 any more thought i was pretty fit, then i began feeling like the pain was burning and this began to have an effect on me i was tired and constantly in pain woken in the middle of the night to take of my rings because my fingers where swollen, although i dont have any visible swelling anymore when i have pain, so i went to the docs and had blood tests and it came back my blood was not good to thick high blood viscosity, then was refered to rheumatology went and had my app 3weeks ago had xrays he thinks i have RA in my hands and feet and im also being tested for lupus and other autoimmune diseases, i feel scared im on codeine as i have sciatica as well, i get out of bed in the morning like im 80year old and im sure there are loads that bounce around im just finding this so hard to deal with and would appreciate any helpful advice thankyou

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I haven't bounced around first thing in the morning for over 15 years and know full well that my bouncing days are well and truly over - it hurts the joints too much! Hi, soraya, it's nice to meet you, I am known as DD and I have psoriatic arthritis (like RA it's an auto-immune version of this dross) and OA (which isn't). I started this at 37 and am now an agéd crone of 52. I have been on a fair few meds in my time and now cannot get through the day without at least four cocos. They don't kill the pain but they dull it sufficiently to allow me to get on with what I laughingly call 'life'. (that currently involves a deal of sofa-sitting as I recently had a nasty fall and tore a ligament in my arthritis-ridden left knee. :sad: ) It sounds as though you are being dealt with nice and quickly and yes, you will be feeling shell-shocked for a while as coming to terms with any version of this rubbish is not easy. If you talk to us you will be talking to a fair-few old hands, we know our stuff and I am sure we will be able to help. The meds, treatments, medical queries etc are dealt with on the LWA forum, the rest are self-explanatory. Feel free to jump in to any conversation that takes your fancy or post again on LWA - more people look in on there so you stand a better chance of gaining more replies. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • soraya
    thanks DD for your reply just knowing and seeing peoples storys help you and you realise your not on your own having to deal with this, just a tough waiting game at the moment and like yourself am popping cocos constantly to dull the pain i hope you start to feel better with your tendon (ouch) and send you a hug for my welcome x :smile:
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Hello from me too. You sound like you are in a lot pain, but they seem to be looking after you. I hope that you are able to get some decent pain relief, and that you get the results through so you can be sure of what you are dealing with.

Sending gentle hugs.... Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Hi Soraya

Welcome !! I am 38 and have had OA since childhood. Its so difficult to come to terms with your condition but it will get easier to deal with as you go along. You will learn to cope and adapt. I dont have any advice for you except that you should come on here and moan/rant as much as you want because we dont mind at all and will usually join in with you. I have gained a tower of strength from this forum and it reminds me that I am not alone, theres always someone here who can understand how you feel. Sending you great big hugs xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    soraya wrote:
    Hi im soraya and just wanted to say hello and explain the reason i have joined your group, approx 6 mths ago i started experiencing pain in my feet and was finding it hard to get out of bed without feeling stiffness in my back ,feet and hands i just thought i was over doing things as im only 43 and although not 20 any more thought i was pretty fit, then i began feeling like the pain was burning and this began to have an effect on me i was tired and constantly in pain woken in the middle of the night to take of my rings because my fingers where swollen, although i dont have any visible swelling anymore when i have pain, so i went to the docs and had blood tests and it came back my blood was not good to thick high blood viscosity, then was refered to rheumatology went and had my app 3weeks ago had xrays he thinks i have RA in my hands and feet and im also being tested for lupus and other autoimmune diseases, i feel scared im on codeine as i have sciatica as well, i get out of bed in the morning like im 80year old and im sure there are loads that bounce around im just finding this so hard to deal with and would appreciate any helpful advice thankyou

Hi Soraya,

I could have written your symptoms like many forms of Arthritis lots of people experience these awful things. I am also 43 and was diagnosed four years ago I have Ankylosing Spondilitis, any form of Arthritis is scary and frusterating especially when it starts to effect your life. We all have days when we feel 90 but live for the ones we feel our real age (to much to hope to feel 21 again). Listen to your body and rest when you need to, use heat for the pain I use microwave wheat bags, make sure you have good friends and family and keep talking and getting support. Take any help you can to improve the quality of your life it may take a while but you will get there in the end.

Hope you feel better soon, Anky. xxx

P.S I used to have a friend called Soraya who was 43 its an unusual name your not originally from Yorkshire are you?
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Soraya

so glad you ahve found this site. the forums on here are great for helping you, support and advice or just some chit chat to distract you!!

I look forward to seeing you around...any questions at all stuck them on the living with arthritis forum and people will do their best.

I too have inflamatory arthritis and l hav ehad back surgery in the past as well so we have lots in common....as you will with lots of us :smile:

Love

toni xx

Hi too to Anora and welcome :grin:
  • soraya
    Hi frogmorton so good to get so much positive feedback, im still waiting to get another appointment for my blood results am in pain constantly and just taking codeine at mo, as doc advised the ibrofen hospital gave me very high dosage so not taking it, not coping very well tired all the time and boils coming up yes im having a good old moan because no one i know really understands what im feeling and going through, not that i would want them to experience this, so sorry for moaning feeling a little down today :cry: hope tomorrow is better thankyou for all your ongoing support kind friends x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi soraya, I am sorry to hear that things are tough - been there with the dullers, the boils etc and it is hard going. If you post again on the LWA part of the forum I am sure you will receive more replies, that is where most of us hang out. Come back sooner rather than later, talk to us as much as you want because we do understand. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Soraya

it takes time to get meds settled and you are still struggling with it all :sad:

Shame the doc didn't just reduce your ibuprofen dose because it's really good for getting inflammation down and when you are in real pain as you are it doubles your pain relief too.

Maybe you can ask about it when you get your bloods?

Keep your chin up lass and keep posting - l promise it will help....more than you think :wink:

Try to get a good sleep tonight and as you say tomorrow is another day :smile:

Love

Toni xx
  • soraya
    Hi folks went to the doc today and some of my bloods have come back blood viscosity still high indicating inflammation in joints, other bloods are still being investigated so no clear diagnosis but the doc says its definitely rheumatoid of some description, so am at a loss at the moment with what the hospital said reference arthritis, have been given NAPROXEN to try and wondered if anyone else has had these, and how they found or find them, and on top of all this ive started to have panic attacks oh the joys of rotten health, bring it on im sure i can fight on :sad: i know because this wont beat me ever the optimist :smile:
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    soraya wrote:
    Hi folks went to the doc today and some of my bloods have come back blood viscosity still high indicating inflammation in joints, other bloods are still being investigated so no clear diagnosis but the doc says its definitely rheumatoid of some description, so am at a loss at the moment with what the hospital said reference arthritis, have been given NAPROXEN to try and wondered if anyone else has had these, and how they found or find them, and on top of all this ive started to have panic attacks oh the joys of rotten health, bring it on im sure i can fight on :sad: i know because this wont beat me ever the optimist :smile:

Hi,

I am on Naproxen been on them for couple of years, I don't get any side effects from them. It is anti inflamatory but a stronger ones. The panic attacks must be awful all I can say is try and do the best you can. xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • soraya
    hi i lived in sheffield for a while but not originaaly from yorkshire hugs xx