A better sick record but has had to leave.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
Mr DD has a few people who work for him, he has recently lost one of his better staff members (work-wise) due to galloping PA. She has had to leave as her health is now too severly compromised to carry on (the firm have done very well by her over the past few years, it is now just too much is all.) She has a far better sick record than one of her colleagues who is an utter feebling. Odd, isn't it? One falls apart over nothing and frequently so, the other doesn't fall apart, despite actually HAVING something, until the very last and resents giving in (as she sees it). DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I would agree with this DD, if I didnt have RA, then I too would have one of the best sickness records at my place of work. But they class my sick leave with RA as sick so I have one of the worst. i stagger in, in pain, ill, etc and then theres people who have a sniffle and go sick. Its not right and not fair.

However, we will never change the system, and well done to MR DD's staff member for sticking it out for so long. But at what cost to their health?

Janie
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I agree completely.
    I have seen people take sick leave for no more that a heavy weekend partying.
    I can#t do that myself!
    I rest up and prepare for the week ahead.....some may say more fool me!

But DD the lady should be commended.
    C