forum

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 5. Sep 2011, 15:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
this forum is a life line for those getting there heads around arther. some only drop in to lwa, others chit chat but all find unreserved friendship given and nothing expected in return. it might be arther that causing problems or personal life what ever some one will always try to help and support.
t all we ask is every one does the same. but remember you will not know what others are going through, so some times people come across as off hand or rude but life sometimes is hard so do not take offense but give the benefit of the doubt and read through what you are posting as it does not always read as you think it does.
we tend to get into groups as is quite normal in life, but remember friendship thrives when given freely and the friends you make will be special never judging you as others might.
thank you to jean123 and the mods for taking the time to help run the site it means so much to so many thankyou val
val

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Val that was so well said....like you say we never know what is really going on in peoples lives, sometimes what they type can be misunderstood ,like a text really., I know that they dont always read like they are meant.
    I for one am really grateful for this forum..... :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Wow Val!!!

well said a075.gif

Hope there has been no upset l have missed, but think your post was perfect.

Love

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Thank you Val.
    you are so right we help one another to get though life with arther and this forum is the best way to do it.
    we all get help its like a person to talk to and it makes you feel better knowing you have told some one who has the same as you.
    i dont know what it would be like without this forum because there is know one else to turn to.
    thank you everyone.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • valval
    there has been no upset at the moment but every so often things get taken out of context and did not want any of the new ones to get upset by posts that might not read as the poster thought it would.
    but it good to have a large verity of posts to keep out brains active val
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Pal

That is so nice and very true. Some suffer badly with pain others it is the disablling effects that arthur is having.

Well written Pal

Love Trish xxxx
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Well said, Val...

I think it's worth bearing in mind that the interpretation of anything posted on here depends on the mood of the person typing it as well as the mood of the person READING it....

Nxx
  • valval
    that is so right well put nina
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Another totally relevant point Nina.

If I ever say anything 'wrong' by mistake please tell me won't you?

I have done it unintentionally and woudl hate for anyone to be uspet my me :oops:

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Yes Its so easy to be misunderstood when typing and not face to face.
    A certain person said something and I took slight offence {nothing much} at it and replied and as soon as I had hit the send button I regretted it and had my hand on the phone to ring this person and apologise when I got a call apologising to me :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    If you genuinely think someone is having a go at you you should PM them ...I would like them to PM me if I said something because it was probably by accident......Foot in mouth disease :lol::lol: Put brain into gear beafore opening gob :lol::lol: I know i should take muy own advice

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    we are all adults here and can put up with the odd silly comment and sort things out with out having to bring in mods, unless it getting out of hand.
    we need every body here and able to give there opinion with out fear of being thrown off the forum.
    if i ever upset any one please tell me and i promise to do the same val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    OK Val I'll tell you :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • valval
    hileena111 wrote:
    OK Val I'll tell you :lol::lol::lol::lol:

g050.gif

k020.gif
    val
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    valval wrote:
    we are all adults here and can put up with the odd silly comment and sort things out with out having to bring in mods, unless it getting out of hand.
    val

I think you're quite right Val, but I'd want to add that, should something get out of hand (as you put it) then all members of the forum should feel able to contact the moderators and advise them of aspects of the forum which concern them.

The red triangle, PMs and emails are all available and are there to be used when other avenues haven't worked.

I think it's an important part of the forum that we can ask for help when what we've done to solve a problem hasn't worked.

WOnky
  • valval
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    valval wrote:
    val

I think you're quite right Val, but I'd want to add that, should something get out of hand (as you put it) then all members of the forum should feel able to contact the moderators and advise them of aspects of the forum which concern them.

The red triangle, PMs and emails are all available and are there to be used when other avenues haven't worked.

I think it's an important part of the forum that we can ask for help when what we've done to solve a problem hasn't worked.

WOnky

yes that is right wonky thanks for saying val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Well said Del... If you run away from here, just because you don't like things people post.. Then I'm sorry but see ya.. :roll:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    just as well you two do not take offence you would have run for the hills years ago lol but then we would have missed so much from the pair of you. i must admit there are quite a few topics i do not bother with i no good a jokes do read the odd one but not my thing now a good storie i do love and also what you lot get up to val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I have missed posting but as you know, the pc is crap, we have been away too, and my heart has not been in it to be honest, I am suffering, but I will be back...
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    well my heart not bad it the rest not to happy at moment lol
    val
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Confused
    Baffled
    bewildered

Been away for a while, mainly for personal reasons...I echo all people have said here ....and have taken many other things on board.....I'm back....will take all on the chin...

x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Xf0N9Juko
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    you certainly don't need me.

We certainly DO need you, Rehab :!: ( not to blame for anything )

No-one does it quite like Rehab :lol:

This forum isn't the same without you to make us smile :grin:

......And I still haven't got 10/10 for a grump yet, so come back soon :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    rehab44 wrote:
    Brilliant!!!!! Bloody brilliant! Three snipeing threads, ....forum members having a mardy with each other, tears and threats to leave, bloody outstanding! and guess what???......I wasn't blamed for any of it.

.........see? ....you can do it all by yourself, you certainly don't need me.......because you do it so well :lol:

When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself. ~Louis Nizer

now you are being plain daft do not need you only a man could come out with that load of rubbish. get your head out of the sand and give joan a 10 if only so we get some peace(love you really joan) but rehab it so quiet with out you miss you so much val
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Which 3 threads are these? I haven't seen any where posters have threatened to leave! One poster is having a short break, what are the others?

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    rehab44 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Brilliant!!!!! Bloody brilliant! Three snipeing threads, ....forum members having a mardy with each other, tears and threats to leave, bloody outstanding! and guess what???......I wasn't blamed for any of it.

.........see? ....you can do it all by yourself, you certainly don't need me.......because you do it so well :lol:

When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself. ~Louis Nizer

now you are being plain daft do not need you only a man could come out with that load of rubbish. get your head out of the sand and give joan a 10 if only so we get some peace(love you really joan) but rehab it so quiet with out you miss you so much val

Be afraid!!!!! Be very afraid!!

THE MASKED AVENGER IS RETURNING!!!

Book early, seats are limited. Also available in hardback, DVD and Bluray

Can I have a front seat please :?: I ain't afraid of nuffink :lol:
  • joanlawson
    rehab44 wrote:
    Can I have a front seat please I ain't afraid of nuffink

A woman with no fear

I can assure you it will not be pretty, there will be blood and tears...front row seats are for those that knit and are not bothered about the odd decapitated head landing on their lap :grin:

I'm ready :!: :lol::lol:

smiley-knitting.gif
  • valval
    can i bring my cushion to hide behind then i wont be scared either
    val