Creeping Sound

topos
topos Member Posts: 3
edited 6. Sep 2011, 06:13 in Young people's community
Hi all,

Im 24 years old Female. Here is some of my details

Weight: Before 62kg(bmi 25.5) Now 54kg(bmi 22) _ I had to lose some since my knee barely support the weight. I manage to lose weight in 7 months. (gym n swimming). Lost 3 inches in hips 4 inches in waist.

Height: 154cm

Body type: I have small frame. Though i dun luk fat but after doing some calculation i have high fat% since my lean mass is small. I.e my wrist is 5.5 inches, neck 11.5inches and i wore size 5 shoes.

I just started being actively in sport after my doctor suggest me to lose some weight. I went to see the doctor when i realize my knees are making creeping sound.

I never had accident and im not active in sport before.

I had no pain, just the noise from the knees. But it definitely slows me down whenever i had to climb the stairs. I consumed oral supplement of glusamine pills over a year and it did not reduce any sound.

I never had any private session with knee expert yet as im afraid it will cost me much. I just went to see my company paid panel doctor.
He just gave me the pills contains glucosamine and chondroitin.

As i am new here, i have yet to explore the forum here. kindly reply me the link of any topic in this forum that is similar to my case.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Topos and welcome to the forum.

Your weight loss and your dedication to it is very impressive so it's a shame you still have knee problems. We are not doctors here and can't make diagnoses. It does sound very much like arthritis but I'm a bit puzzled that you don't mention pain, only 'creeping', by which I guess you mean 'creaking'.

I believe the current thinking on Glucosamine is that it is unlikely to be effective for arthritis. By your mention of a 'company paid panel doctor' I'm guessing you don't live in the UK. Could you get a second opinion or would that be too expensive?

If you click on the 'Publications and Resources' section at the top right of the page you may find something there that will help you. Or if you post this thread on the Living With Arthritis forum, more people look in there so you may get more replies. I hope you can find some help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • topos
    topos Member Posts: 3
    hi stickywicket.. thanks for your reply

1st- yea not much pain just tht i get tired easily after climbing up stairs. .. creeping/ crunching/ creaking..pls dun mind my english

2nd-yea im not from uk.. i just graduated i will be able to afford the expanses by end of this year// hopefully

3rd- 'Publications and Resources' .. okey will do the reading

4th-i thought this section is for young artritis ppl... okey noted
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You are quite right, Topos. This section is for young arthritics but there are far more of us older arthritics about so the LWA forum gets more viewers. Also some aspects of arthritis are common to young and old alike. I hope you can find some help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright