New user with Psoriatic Arthritis......Help :)

Lyndz
Lyndz Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Dec 2012, 09:44 in Young people's community
Hi im lyndsay, 21 and have had psoriatic arthritis for around 6 years now and have suffered from various flare ups over the years. I have recently spent around 4 weeks in hospital and have been put on more medication- Humira? After 6 years i thought it might be helpful to join a forum such as this one to see if there are many people out there suffering from the same condition and how they do it ? :)

Lyndz

x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Lyndz and welcome to the forum.

Alas, I no longer qualify for the Young People’s Forum – not for many years – but I just wanted to say hello.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people on here with PA. Mine’s RA but similar treatments. If you put your post up on the Living With Arthritis forum you’ll get more replies and, as treatment is much the same whatever your age, it might be helpful to put it there as well. Please just wander around and chip in wherever and whenever you feel like it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Niknak
    Niknak Member Posts: 44
    Aww you poor thing, I'm really sorry to hear your not great and wish u a speedy recovery, I can't really help you with info I can offer support, but please could you help me. My daughter is three and recently diagnosed with psoratic arthritis, I have posted am I in denial on new posts please will you have a luck, I am here to support you though chrissy x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello! It's nice to meet you and I understand why you have had to find us. I am on humira (plus meth and sulph) and trying to give up the oral steroids. I am beyond tired now (off the meds due to an infection and on penicillin instead) and can't fully answer but I will come back tomorrow and will hopefully be a little more helpful. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • shay19
    shay19 Member Posts: 5
    Hi im lyndsay, 21 and have had psoriatic arthritis for around 6 years now and have suffered from various flare ups over the years. I have recently spent around 4 weeks in hospital and have been put on more medication- Humira? After 6 years i thought it might be helpful to join a forum such as this one to see if there are many people out there suffering from the same condition and how they do it ?

Lyndz

x

hi lyndsay,

i know you posted this a while back, but i haven't been able to login for sometime and ive had to make myself a new account. I too am 21 and diagnosed 4 years ago with psoriatic arthritis, i was initially put onto methotrexate but unfortunately i couldn't tolerate it. As a result of this i was put onto the same as you, humira, but once again i found this difficult to tolerate, i am now on a drug called 'infliximab' which is an in hospital treatment.
    as im sure you are aware its very hard to cope with having arthritis, and even harder trying to get the people around you to understand as well. anyway, hope your OK feel free to pm me if you want to chat further.

all the best. shay.
  • toriateacake
    toriateacake Member Posts: 11
    Hey, i'm 24 and i was diagnosed with the same in april. I'm stuggling to come to terms with everything that happening because im getting worse quicker than i thought i would x
  • charlielou86
    charlielou86 Member Posts: 28
    I unfortunately am 25 now but i also have psoriatic arthritis so I completely understand how you feel. I write a blog now maybe it will help you. The link is on my profile. Good luck x
  • loopylou94
    loopylou94 Member Posts: 24
    Hey,
    Im 17 and i was diagnosed with PA around 11 onths ago. It took me a while teo come to terms with it, but i have now accepted it and have got myself back on track i completeley understand what you are going through.
    Hope you are well.
    PM me if you ever want a chat!!!!!
    Laura
    xxx
    loopy lou :)
  • lannie87
    lannie87 Member Posts: 6
    Hi im lannie i am 24 i was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritus just over a year ago, id like to talk to people with the same condition . It would be gd to get advice on how others are dealing with pa and help support each others in the gd and bad days, that friends and family just dont understand .

lannie87 :)
  • iMystikz
    iMystikz Member Posts: 4
    Hello! I'm 21, 22 in just over a week and I've been in pain for about 5 years now, I only got diagnosed early this year I think but its been a long while before that. I even had an operation on my jaw in Spain because they never knew it was arthritis.. Well that done more bad than good. It may sound selfish but it's nice to know that I'm not alone in having Psoriatic Arthritis. But the way I feel 98% of the time I'd rather no one else have it because its horrendous. If anyone would like to chat, feel free to inbox me!

Courtney :)