A positive thing about Arthur...Think hard lol

traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
edited 18. Sep 2012, 08:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Decided i would start a positive thread..
See if we can spread some positive vibes..
Some people can often find it hard to think positive when they are feeling down about arthur, so i thought by doing this thread we can lift some peoples spirits and maybe hopes?? not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot eh?? :smile:
A positive thing about Arthur could be something humorous, something that has happened to make things better with arthur, like set of crutches, new adaptions, a friendly converstaion, a drug that has worked etc, etc...
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I've met up with Toni and Rose recently. If I didnt have RA and joined this forum because of it then I would never have met them! :grin:

Janie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    all the great friends have made on here. might never meet them but they always there on bad day what more can you ask
    val
  • traluvie
    Am waiting for a phone call off the council to have my new bathroom done and shower fitted..
    I am so excited lol..
  • traluvie
    Another positive..

This forum keeps me sane..Thanks Guys.. :lol:
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    I have met some great people that have supported me when i first found out that i had arthur...without you i am not sure i would have remained sane or focused. Also made me realise that there is always someone a lot worse than you (in a lot more pain) and to consider myself lucky.
    YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL PEOPLE...
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    My positive thing is that I get reduced wheelchair rates to go to the theatre , concerts and the cinema . Jillyb
  • traluvie
    Jilly i never knew that..
    That is a great positive.. good incentive to get people out and about..x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    For me the positive is time. I also appreciate the small things I never had time to notice before.

When first ill time was my enemy, now it is my friend. ( Hope that makes sense)

I enjoy the simple things, feeding the birds, friends, my kitten, my boys, my hubby, this forum for its help and support and keeping my brain active. The list is numerous really.

I miss working so much for its self esteem, pay and companionship. However, when I hear my friends work struggles, I think I am fortunate not to have to work, so its swings and roundabouts really.
  • traluvie
    I never thought about it that way suzygirl...

I have more time to spend with the children now i am not working and i absolutely love it..
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    traluvie wrote:
    Another positive..

This forum keeps me sane..Thanks Guys.. :lol:

Er......are you sure about that, Traluvie????

Definitely relationships. Definitely friendships on here but also all the other friendships and the kindness of strangers and the valuable lessons I didn't want to learn but had no choice about.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    My positive is that I live at the bottom of a hill into our village that I could never manage.....but i have got my little car.....takes me all over the place and keeps me sane.
    Also my mobility scooter for long journeys {holidays} or shopping trips.
    Of course like everyone else....this forum

Love
    Hileena
  • traluvie
    Partner got up extra early this morning before work to go to the shop for me as he knows i not too great...
    Arthur has brought out the good in him, and talents i never knew existed lol
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    If I didn't have arthur I wouldn't have a suped up scooter that looks tame to everyone until I pulll the lever and speed off. :lol:

There are lots more positives but I can't think just yet :grin:

Ohhhhh I must say this......I cyberly have met you lot k020.gif

juliepf x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Tracy,

Mines an echo of Janie really and thats if I didn't have arthritis I wouldn't have met some of the best friends I have ever had...... the bone shift is a small price to pay for that one. Cris x
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    I think that is a nice positive Delboy, no-one should have to work in a job they actually hate. I'm lucky, Ilove mine...

My positive is having met one of the most genuine, caring, thoughtful, wonderful, and heartfelt groups of people I know.

Not much of that going on in the world, so I feel lucky to have met you on here.

That and shoulder massages, and having a good excuse to ask for one because of my bloomin neck. That's a positive.

Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    It took me a long time to think about this but I've come up with some things I hadn't realised were positive, apart from finding this forum and all you lovely people.
    I have my lovely motability car which I don't have any worries with, as it's all done for me.
    I have a blue badge which makes life a lot easier when going out and needing to park near shops etc.
    It took a lot of time but my family now realise I sometimes need help and can't always do things.
    Being more appeciative of life's little pleasures instead of rushing around and missing things.

Sue x
  • traluvie
    Your right Sue..
    Arthur has made me more appreciative of life, i don't run around like a headless chicken anymore lol..
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's given me a determination and strength I didn't know I had. I do wish every now and again that I was still in blissful ignorance of that strength, but I guess I am lucky I have it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    Although it's not an arthur positive..It is a positive day..

Past couple of days my ankles been playing up and having to use crutches, also generally felt rubbish and the sun was making me feel worse..This morning though my ankles were alot better but my hips were playing up a bit, but on the plus side i felt better in myself and the sun was shining, wanted to do something but was concerned how far i'd be able to walk before being in agony or aggravating something lol..So Oh suggested we go to a quiet country pub with a park and a few animals to have lunch, none of us drive so we caught a taxi..It was such a lovely day sitting outside with ice cold diet coke watching the kids play..we had a lovely meal and i even managed chocolate fudge cake and ice cream for after, which is a big surprise for me as i not got appetite lately, i'm still stuffed now lolo..So yes was a very positive day..
  • traluvie
    Have been on Hydroxychloroquine since march and would just like to say that although i still get the horrible pain from time to time the hydroxy has helped alot.. my pain is not constant all day every day so that is definately a positive...
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    This positive post ia breaking up a realy boring bus journey to Norwich. If i hadnt been on here I would be shewing my arm off by now
    :lol:
    Lots lovely peeps and insanity, its great :smile:
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Gave me time to understand more about myself and realise how much I was doing and that dusting isn't as important as feeling well. More time with my lovely cats! Love Sue xx
  • traluvie
    Bumped up for anymore positives that have come around..
  • Rhyscous
    Rhyscous Member Posts: 50
    Mmmm a good thing about arthur, ive been able to get out of pointless school/college trips which cost ridiculous prices! before i got arthritis i used to think it was the end of the world when i had a slight cold or headache, but when i developed it i realised that people take things for granted, there is always someone who is worse off than you, When people moan about a little knock or want lots of attention because they've got a slight ache, i would love to put those people in OUR shoes for a few weeks to understand! Arthur has definetly matured me as a person as ive had to make alot of big decisions, keep up to date with my medication, get to all the hospital appointments, I may have become a better person due to this (Cant believe i said that)

Rhys xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Well I finally found out that the world did not stop when I gave up the rat race. Nearly two months in and I am finding that I actually do not miss work. We have our own business and hubby is still working but after staggering on for an extra 18 mths beyond my retirement date, (and yes I still feel guilty), but guess who for the first time since 1965 has not to get up and face the winter journey into work. :grin:

So if it wasn’t for Arthur, I would have carried on for another couple of years at least. Now I am planning to restart some of my hobbies and have time to smell the roses!!!