Dad's Army Megathon

PamieAFC1903
PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
edited 1. Oct 2011, 13:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
After the sad passing of David Croft two days ago, I'm having a Dad's Army megathon (Dad's Army is only one of his series I have) in memory of him. Such a talented writer, producer and director.

He will be missed by fans worldwide.

RIP Major David Croft
I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    David Croft was a wonderful co-writer and producer of classic comedies. As well as Dad's Army, he is credited with 'Allo 'Allo, Hi-de-Hi, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, and Are You Being Served? They were all brilliant, and still very funny today. Nowadays, they would probably be considered politically incorrect though so wouldn't be shown.

Actor Melvyn Hayes told the BBC "There were no swear words in his shows. His programmes were the kind of thing you could sit in front of the TV and watch with your grandmother and grandchildren.'' There are hardly any comedy shows like that any more, which is sad.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • YorkshireLass
    YorkshireLass Member Posts: 60
    Don't tell him Pike :lol:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    So many catch phrases eg. ''Stupid boy'', ''Don't panic!'', ''Doomed, we're all doomed!'', "They don't like it up 'em".

Great stuff :!: :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My Danish friend adores them, us three sit there reading or chatting while she watches as we have seen them so many times. I think the 'Don't tell him Pike!' is the best line ever. Mr Croft was indeed a talented writer and he has left us some comedic gems: what a legacy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!! They don't like it up'em :evil :evil