It Ain't Half Hot Mum!

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 30. Sep 2011, 06:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
Phew, it's really hot, isn't it :?:

I'd packed away all my summer clothes after the cool start to September, but now I've got them out again. I love these Indian Summer days, although I don't suppose they will last very long. It will probably be back to Winter woollies soon, but I'm making the most of the sun while it lasts.

There's a million jobs I could be doing indoors, but I'm leaving them for now. I'm sitting outside, and I'm going to do some painting ( watercolours ) this afternoon. The housework can wait :!:

What are you doing to enjoy the good weather :?:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• YorkshireLass
    YorkshireLass Member Posts: 60
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well unfortunately Joan, I'm stuck in my office and looking at the temp' gauge it says 82.4f and rising :shock:

It's horrible and I wish I was at home, typical because hubby and I had a week off 2 weeks ago and if you remember that was when we had the tail end of the hurricane. So great for them people that chose this week.

YL
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Enjoy your painting joan atleast this lovely warm wind will dry it quickly, so that you can put on more layers and not have to wait.

Juliepf x
  • joanlawson
    rehab44 wrote:
    Today I shall be blasting the patio and pointing cracks in the slabs
    Because of 'Elfin Safety and the weather I shall be properly kitted out.

mankini.jpg

Wow Rehab :!: :eek: Your neighbours are in for such a treat :shock:

Happy blasting and pointing :!: :lol:
  • joanlawson
    YorkshireLass- It's days like today when I'm so glad to be retired from work. What a shame that you missed out on the sunny weather.

Del- Sorry to hear that your wrists are sore. The hot weather doesn't suit everyone. I have to sit in the shade because I don't like the direct sunshine.

Julie- I've finished a painting of roses, and now started one of two cats in the garden.

Here's one I finished recently. It's a bit dark on here as I took a photo of it.

th_DSC03296.jpg

Click on the picture to see it bigger
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    earlier today we went to a place not too far away called fairburn ings. Never been before, it's a lovely nature reserve.. It's gorgeous. We had a short walk,.but even that has caused a lot of pain.. At least I know why I hurt though. Lol
    Will definitely go again, with more time and a picnic.
    Resting at the minute, might sit out in the back garden :grin:
    Love the heat
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Going to Warwick castle to have a hobble around tomorrow as we have Australian friends over staying with us. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • joanlawson
    Tony-I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip out, despite the pain. It's good to visit lovely places like that, especially on such a beautiful day.

The sun is just beginning to lose its heat now, but it's a gorgeous evening. I think the good weather is going to last until the weekend, so we'd better make the most of it.

Anky- I hope you will have a good day tomorrow. Warwick Castle is always impressive.
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    joanlawson wrote:

th_DSC03296.jpg

Wow that's beautiful you are very talented. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Enjoy it Folks It's dull and windy here today here in Spain :cry::cry:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    got washing out this morning and walked into town. but this afternoon was stuck in work looking out val
    val
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    It has been a lovely day..
    Unortunately i haven't been able to venture in the heat today..For some strange reason when i went outside earlier the heat felt horrible on me and i was overwhelmed with one of my latest hot flushes,,went all peculiar i did so decided the sun didn't want me to play today so put feet up and watched dickinson instead lol.. :lol:
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    joanlawson wrote:
    YorkshireLass- It's days like today when I'm so glad to be retired from work. What a shame that you missed out on the sunny weather.

Del- Sorry to hear that your wrists are sore. The hot weather doesn't suit everyone. I have to sit in the shade because I don't like the direct sunshine.

Julie- I've finished a painting of roses, and now started one of two cats in the garden.

Here's one I finished recently. It's a bit dark on here as I took a photo of it.

th_DSC03296.jpg

Click on the picture to see it bigger

oh joan that is beautiful.....wish I was that good....as you know I do paint but half as good as that.

Juliepf x
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Joan your picture is lovely..

I like painting but not as talented as you..You have a great gift..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Loving this weather too ; took our lunch down to the beach and spent the whole day there . It was gorgeous . Jillyb
  • joanlawson
    traluvie wrote:
    Joan your picture is lovely..

I like painting but not as talented as you..You have a great gift..x

Thanks for your kind comments Tracy, Julie, and Anky. I really enjoy painting, especially flowers.
  • joanlawson
    jillyb1 wrote:
    Loving this weather too ; took our lunch down to the beach and spent the whole day there . It was gorgeous . Jillyb

How nice to live near the sea, Jilly. I'm miles away, but would love to be on a beach somewhere.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    jillyb1 wrote:
    :sad: :sad: :sad: you on a beach while i stuch inside hope you get there today as well have paddle for me this heat makes my feet swell val
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Joan I do like your painting. It is lovely.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    Thank you, Elizabeth :grin:

It's another beautiful day today. I'm off to my art group which I enjoy, but it seems a shame to be indoors today.
  • joanlawson
    Have a look at these photos of a beach in Victorian times. It's really funny to see how people dressed on a hot day in those days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043617/How-Victorians-enjoyed-great-September-heatwave-1895.html