I AM HOME

bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 2. Oct 2011, 04:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everybody thank you thank you all so much for being with me it realy does work this cyber pocket duty , as lots of you know once they wheel you out of the ward to theatre you do feel very alone , but then you might feel a swift kick in the backside , and well its one of you , have got alot of brusing on my arms and hands as the cannula did not want to know then i felt a sheepy hoof in the pocket and the words in my mind that Cris is telling me to relax and its in , i have a nice line of shiney staples in my knee a bulgy brace that goes from the top of my leg to the ankle , its set at 60% for 3 weeks then goes to 90% dont know much after that at the moment , it is quite bruised with a lot of that under the strapping of the brace ouch but for now its rest and recupe it looks as if i might even have to put a skirt on as trouser legs are to light over the brace and thats the baggy ones :lol:
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Great that you are home, bertyboy

Jean and the forum team

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    that's good news berty.. We also do cover home visits :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's great to know you are out - well done you! Rest, rest and rest some more, OK? I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    I'll be resting with you. Hope your recovery goes well. xx
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hope you can rest out in this lovely sun while it here take care val
    val
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Very good news. Here's to a qucik recovery :smile:

Sue x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    bertyboy wrote:
    once they wheel you out of the ward to theatre you do feel very alone , but then you might feel a swift kick in the backside , and well its one of you

Who did that? Just what you don't need on the way to theatre, Bertyboy. They will be banned, forthwith. Well, possibly fifthwith.

I'm so pleased it all seems to be going well. keep at it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    welcome home berty

wishing you a speedy recovery

Take care and rest plenty
    Juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Berty.
    i'm pleased you are home. try and have plenty of rests.
    dont over do it there's always tomorrow.
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Oh berty! it is good that you are home. :!:

did they take Naughty Ned out? or have they re-shaped him and brought him into line? :?:

Your leg sounds very colourful.. and sore! :roll: take care to rest up berty and do please keep us informed of the changes they make to your brace.

Skirts :?: :eek: :lol:

iris xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Brilliant news Berty...there is nothing like your own bed, now you take it easy .
    Wishing you well with your recovery..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Great to hear, rest plenty. X
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Great to see you back.
    Plenty of rest for you then. Hope the recover goes well.
    take care
    luv debs
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Hi Berty, glad it all went ok, very lonely on that trolley with all the people putting tubes everywhere....

Have you got shorts you could wear for a bit? Most of the men on our ward with 'knees' were wearing shorts

Rest up and take it easy, worst bits done now.
  • bertyboy
    daylily wrote:
    Hi Berty, glad it all went ok, very lonely on that trolley with all the people putting tubes everywhere....

Have you got shorts you could wear for a bit? Most of the men on our ward with 'knees' were wearing shorts

Rest up and take it easy, worst bits done now.

lol never thought of that will have to dig some of hubbys out x
  • bertyboy
    alls well nurse has just been and redresed it, it looks ok the staples will come out on the 10th october ouch , going to morris --- soon for a whirl round in one of their wheely chairs cant wait :lol: , on the down side :roll: i have got a skirt on first time in well the memory has forgot that one i almost forgot how they fitted :lol:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Berty,

Whats a skirt? :lol:

Least you will get out and really pleased your home and its looking good!

Ned will have no choice this time cus of the splint thing and the bend will be made to happen so much better than the horrible physio you had last time!

Really is going so much better eh? Does he hurt less already Berty?

Leaving a ((((( ))))) and an assortment of sounds form the employers Cris xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    skezier wrote:
    Whats a skirt? :lol:

You must remember, skezier. Skirts are those weird garments which, when you go to the loo, you're supposed to be able to hold up while pulling knickers down. I believe non-arthritics wear them - well, Mr SW doesn't but female non-arthritics do.

Bertyboy, I'm really pleased it's going well but you have some way to go when a trip to Morrisons fills you with such delight. Onwards & upwards.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Berty.
    you are doing well.when i had my leg in plaster and i had to hop everywhere and there were the times i had to go to the little room and i put a peg on my skirt to hold it out of the way.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Hi Bertboy

So glad you are home and in your own bed. I think that makes all the difference to recovery. As long as you do rest up plenty, thats the most important thing at the mo. The recovery has started, yu'll be fit before you know it.

karen xx
    Karen xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Berty,

Ouch flower that sounds uncomfortable as well as painful. So glad you are back home and being looked after so well.

Now I have a vision of you in hubby’s baggy shorts, I thought I was divine in my baggy trackie’s and now I find I have been beaten hands down by you!!

Oh I see you have chicken out and are wearing a skirt :lol: ....enjoy your wiz around Morris and sons.

Gentle hugs,

Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Bertygirl

l am so pleased to hear from you and am also so embarrassed l have not been on here sooner :oops:

You are right about the power of the forums...it really does help. You know people are thinking about you and they understand your worries and send you a little bit of their strength.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear May

I knew you were home because of your other thread but just seen this one. So happy for you to be home. You were so sweet and kind to think about me when you went into hospital and you would have had lots on your mind. I do hope that this time round all will be well. I am sure the medical team will be bending over backwards to help you, second time round. You put up with the discomfort for so long after the last op, you so deserve a speedy, uncomplicated recovery.

Bless you, thinking of you in this hot weather. :wink: :roll: :smile:
    Bad timing for us, don't you think? Never mind it will not last. That is one thing we can be sure of. About time for a thunder storm soon I should think. :wink:

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I berty
    Im so glad to hear that everything is going to plan, wishing you a speedy recovery....you deserve it ...
    Love
    Barbara