Who crunched the numbers?

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 1. Oct 2011, 04:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
When did the numbers underneath our usernames & icons (ie number of posts) disappear and why?

It's not that I'm particularly attached to them but it would have been nice to be told.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sticky,

You know I like not having them :grin:

I used to get stick at the number of posts I did back along and now everyone is on an even footing... you don't have to feel your an outsider or anyone have to say they don't post much cus we are all equal....

For me its a really good move. I am not worried how or why and just breathed a sigh of relief to get rid of them :lol: Cris and the clan...... slurps and all xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    How long have they been gone??? I havent been on this morning and this afternoon when I first came on I noticed when I looked at the newbies post to check that they were newbies and not just someone I had missed :lol:
    I know that doesnt answer your question.
    I would like to know as well.
    Love
    Hileena
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    hi cant say ive ever noticed they were even there :???:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • Stu69
    Stu69 Member Posts: 202
    I noticed it.

I used to be very proud of my post count on another forum - it was the highest of anyone, but in the end admin cleared that system and went for a star system, which was cool; something like 100 posts, gold star, 1000 was 2, 10,000 was 3. I had 4 - the 5th being 100,000 posts, and I wasn't that committed :lol: although we all moaned like blazes when it was implemented as someone who had 1001 posts had the same rating as someone with 9,999!

I think it's best left off too, it doesn't serve any purpose really. :)
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • stickywicket
    I only noticed today.

To be honest, Stu, I don't really care one way or the other but I did think it was useful for newbies in that, if someone had only posted up to, say 10 times, we knew to be gentle with them. Not all newbies go to the 'Say Hello' forum. Now we don't know whether they're new or whether it's just our memories that are at fault.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky
    Exactly the way I think about it....thats the only reason I noticed
    Replying to what I thought was a newbie and checking and the numbers were gone

Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    Hi Sticky and Hileena,

You can see from their join date if they are new or not though.

I just think its good to have an even pitch fro all cus I hated the number of posts next to me and also i think everyone's post is important and this numbering or rating implies some are more important than others and well i think we are all of equal importance... well maybe not me but your lot are all equally of value and I just tail behind....

and post too much rubbish and ....

So pleased to get rid of that horrible number to prove it :lol: Cris xx
  • stickywicket
    skezier wrote:
    You can see from their join date if they are new or not though.

Oh dear! I think I've been on the roof too long. Got a cure for sunstroke? Or stupidity?
    Steven Wright
  • skezier
    Oh Sticky you got neither and tonight you need the blanket and the brolly.... its gone murky again :lol:

Flower i did get stick and I am just so pleased to get rid of that horrible number :lol: Haz in the suit, Slurps with the tea and you want a pasty up there as well? xx
  • stickywicket
    You really think a pasty'd reach me? Those two have their innocent looks on. It's never a good sign.

Anyway, if being numberless makes you happy that's one very powerful argument in favour and it's good enough for me.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Sheer genius, Collywobble.

Sunstroke and stupidity I guess with me.

Bit of a long way round, mind you, but definitely a good idea.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    You are clever Collywobble
    Never would have thought of that :lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena

OK I'm thick :lol:
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi I have only just noticed the arrows underneath the avatar :lol: and when pressed (i don't normally touch things but did this time) shoots you back to the top or bottom of the thread.
    Well, you learn something every day :lol:

I kinda miss the post details too but, seen as I cant answer lots no one knows now that I am lagging behind :lol:

Have a good weekend everyone :grin:
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    I think it's fine by me.

There or not l am me how ever many posts l do or don't.

The join date is enough to know how long someone has been around l think. Those who have been around since the beginning have one of somewhere in 1970 - l assume the default date as the site hasn't been here that long :lol:

And there are newbies and newbies....like Stu for instance might be new, but been around the block as far as this arthritis malarkey is concerned :wink:

Hey Julie...thanks for the arrows tip :wink:

Love

Toni xx