Hands

magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 3. Oct 2011, 19:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello again,

Still having lots of pain in my hands but I've now got a new problem.

I've got painful and swollens hands on the palm side, where the knuckles are-does that make sense? It feels like I've fallen on my hands and grazed them-kinda burny feeling. Anyone had this before?

Magenta x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    yes if you feel it gentle you can feel the joints are swollen it very painfull try ice wraped in a towel does not always work but worth a try when very hot and painfull get it in my feet as well good luck val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Eileen,

It does sound familiar to me as well.... get it in my hands, wrists, elbows but especially the back which half the time feels really deeply grazed.... Mine is some kind of nerve thing and the pregabs help it quite a bit... well I asume its some kind of nerve thing cus they never say now a days just nod when I mention it :lol:

Sometimes strapping the hands and wrists up helps and might be worth a go for you.

With luck you will see the new rumo soon and all of this will make sense and help get you diagnosed and helped. ((((( ))))) and a cuppa. Cris xx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Hiya,

Lynn, how are things with you? Is your computer behaving? No sign of my rheumy appt yet but I did get my MRI (on neck) yesterday. Bit of a fluke. I called the hospital to ask when my rearranged appt. was, only to be told they hadn't booked me one yet. They said they had a space that day so I went for it. 1 down, several appts. to go :lol:
    I'm writing down all my symptoms, didn't realise how much I had!

Val, I have had to start walking about bare foot cos my feet are so warm but I have resorted to putting my feet and hands in cool water.

Cris,
    My fingers are all puffy, red and swollen. Everything just seems to be getting worse and staying there for longer. The poor rheumy, I'll be in there for ever :lol:

Thanks,

Eileen xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Eileen,

Hope tomorrow will be kinder to you. ((((( ))))) and a cuppa Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Spent half the evening with my hands and feet in the sink too Eileen

except the one with the blister on the bunion :shock:

Hope today is better for you

Love
    Toni xx
  • pepperflo
    pepperflo Member Posts: 91
    I get a lot of swelling in my fingers, I can wear my rings one day then fight to get them off the next, and my wrists feel like they are going to snap sometimes. I love to knit, but I'm getting a lot slower at this, and my hands and wrists are really bad after.
    Thanks for the tip about the ice packs will have to try it.
    The onlt way to explain about my hands esp in a morning is like having an elastic band wrapped round them most days, does anyone else have this ?