sunday lunch

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 10. Oct 2011, 05:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Morning all,Its a bright sunny day(so far) in nottingham feeling quite good today miserable yesterday.
So what are you all having for lunch? we are having roast pork,apple sauce,roast potatos,green beans,yorkie pud and sage and onion stuffing,hope the crackling turns out good,im very hit and miss with it. :grin: Mig

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sounds lovely , we'll all be with you about one . I'm still weight watching so salad for me today with chicken . Jillyb
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    My darling OH is cooking Roast Beef, Jersey royal pots and Asparagus. We couldn't have yorkshire puddings because the OH went to get them out of the freezer and there was only 1 left! :eek: So it's not worth fighting over 1 yorky so no yorky's with dinner today! Lucky I have my OH otherwise I would be starved! He is an excellent cook! :smile:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    chicken sandwiches (cooked free range chicken). no one around so did not bother with dinner will do one tomorrow when all here
    val
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Cauliflower cheese. Been fancying it for weeks and they had a huge cauli on a stall on the car boot- only 80p.
    Worth the wait though.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Nothing. Had a large-ish brekkie with friends at about 10.30 so wasn't hungry. Mr DD cooked a fab fish pie in the evening, I could have eaten the whole thing. I didn't tho! There's enough left for tonight so I only have to do veg. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    I love fish pie did it have prawns in ?got enough pork left for today having it with mash peas and carrots.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh yes, prawns, cod, smoked haddock and salmon, with spring onions, dill and tarragon and a smidge of garlic - I think the mash topping had a hint of strong cheddar too. It was lovely. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mouth just watered at thought of DDs fish pie,i love any sort of fish and sea food.
    just had a vision of it coming steaming out of oven,mouth watering again.Mig
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hey Mig, I think I'll pop over from Derby to your house. It's not very far away, and I love roast pork, especially the crackling. Oh, I might be a bit late for lunch, so you'll have to keep some for me for dinner :grin:

It's either that or Birmingham for the Osso Bucco. That sounds delicious too, and I know that Len's an excellent cook :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I've had a small bowl of cereal :roll:
    No appetite at the minute, that combined with the ibs flaring up does not make for a happy Tony :cry::cry:
    I'm kidding, I'm always happy :roll: :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Well OH cooked sunday roast yesterday was lovely..
    Today he is doing cheese and potatoe pie with sausage, bacon and beans...
    Sounds loads but i only have a small portion, my appetite not like it used to be..I'm lucky my OH is a good cook...
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    roast beef, yorkshire puds, mash, roast, cauli, carrots and mushrooms for those who like tham cooking as i type oh not home till 4.30 so it going to plan so far val
    val
  • mig
    Today we arehaving beef stew with dumblings and mash,will be enough for tomorrow,its a trek to hospital and back so no cooking,hubby used to cook all the time before he had stroke now i have to be in kitchen with him as he forgets sometimes and with his balance problems it could be a bit too dangerous.Mig
  • joanlawson
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hey Mig, I think I'll pop over from Derby to your house. It's not very far away, and I love roast pork, especially the crackling. Oh, I might be a bit late for lunch, so you'll have to keep some for me for dinner :grin:

It's either that or Birmingham for the Osso Bucco. That sounds delicious too, and I know that Len's an excellent cook :grin:
    Thank you Joan :lol: Rather than veal shanks I am experimenting with oxtail I will let you know how it tastes

Oooh, I love oxtail :!: :grin: Keep some for me please, I'll be round later :lol:
  • mig
    Whats osso bocco :?: Mig
  • joanlawson
    mig wrote:
    Whats osso bocco :?: Mig

Osso Bucco means bone with a hole, referring to the bone marrow in veal shanks, I believe. You can substitute the veal for lamb shanks, or as Len did, with oxtail. It's delicious with any of them- real comfort food :grin: I found this recipe for Osso Bucco: here's the link:

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/8828/osso+bucco

Joan