DLA Tribunal

Rallymad
Rallymad Member Posts: 84
I have been given date of 27th of this month for my DLA tribunal, because I am a Community Learning Disability Support Nurse who works in the community, I am not allowed full rate DLA, my work have been understanding and abide by the DDA but because the GP who came to my house to do assessment, never saw my aids and adaptations (he was offered the chance to) and because he came to house and saw me on a 'good day' they have stopped my DLA since March 11, and are taking me to tribunal to fight for it, bring it on is all I can say. What am I meant to do, give up work, claim benefits, work the system????? I'd rather get on with it, yes I need to take pain meds and am maybe a bit slower and stiffer than my colleagues, but don't hang me out to dry, I have a job to do, A VERY IMPORTANT JOB TO DO!!!!! Give me what I am due to assist me to continue to go out every morning and help others worse off than me!!!!!! (sorry for rant)
Arlene x :green

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    they are a pain why do they put people through this makes you wish arther on them so they can see how it is val
    val
  • Rallymad
    :evil
    Well thats me had the tribunal, a judge, a consultant and someone who knows about disability.....oh and someone who came from DWP.
    It was like a courtroom, only given the chance to speak when allowed to, and they only wanted to know about a day in March, the day the GP came to the house to examine me, that was a good day, on a Sunday so was not working and had rested previous day. They spoke to me like I was something they'd trod on in the street, needless to say they don't think I qualify for it, oh and the biggest laugh of all...........as my profession is to work with adults with learning disabilities then I certainly should not be getting it! :evil
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    I so am glad i have seen this post... i have been 'offered' to sit n at my tribunal it has gone through first teir and now they think it would benefit me by attending to which i had already stated i couldnt ... i know its the right thing for me to do now....
    xxx

thanks Rallymad xx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • Rallymad
    Make sure you take someone with you, I had my partner with me but did not do any good as he was not someone who knew the loopholes and couldnt quote policies etc get someone from citizens advice x