flu jabs

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
hello

a question for you, i have OA am i entitled to get a flu jab, or is only for certain people who can get it.

my husband is 65 and he got no other health problems but he entitled to get it, so i wondering why i cant, oh i am age 50.

thanks any advice would help.

ps i think people who have OA should get it as it says on the tv " long term condtions or something like that.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yes you can get it, it is a chronic condition which is effected if you get the flu. if G.P's ask why you have come just tell them your consultant told you,you should have it.
    It works if you need to get passed the receptionists.
    :smile:

Clare xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    i know if you have one of the inflimation arthers you can get it i did not last year but might this year val
    val
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    Hi only49

Thanks for your posting.

According to the NHS choices website you are entitled to the flu jab if you are at risk from developing complications if you get flu.

For more information on this see
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/flu-jab/pages/whyitshouldbedone.aspx.

You can always ask your GP about having the flu jab if you are worried about the effects getting flu may have for you.

Regards

Nick
    Helplines Team
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    hi

thanks for your replies, now i know what to do, i have not been happy for a while with what my doctor is doing for me, i am really not sure if they do understand how my OA effects me, so i decided to get armed with the right info first so i emailed someone know at the C.A.B and take it from there.

i wonder why we have to fight for things, havent we got enough to put up with.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif