A happy forum story

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 27. Oct 2011, 19:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Not long after I joined this forum, I began chatting with a lovely young lady named Nina Kang. She was always bright and cheerful, and often very funny in her comments, so we soon made friends on here. We had been chatting for about a year before we discovered that we live about ten minutes drive away from each other :grin: Soon after that, we arranged to meet up, and I was introduced to her lovely family; her husband, Sunny, and her three gorgeous girls, Ellen, Simie, and Jassie.

Now we meet frequently, and have become very good friends. Last night we were invited to a Divali party at Nina's house, which was a very enjoyable evening. There was lots of lovely Indian food ( I've never tasted such good curry! ) followed by some fantastic fireworks in the garden. The house was full of friends and lots of excited children, so it was a very happy occasion.

If you read this, Nina, thank you for your friendship and a wonderful evening.

Joan :grin:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Joan.
    i'm pleased you enjoyed your evening yes there are lovely people on here.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    How lovely.
    I met a lady tracing her english ancester on one of the big sites that sponsers tv shows,we exchanged e-mails and after about a year she said she was coming to engand to see her mum who lives near london and they were coming to nottm to trace burials (she lives in canada),so we decided to meet up,we took her and her mum round the graveyards my hubby pushed her mum who was in a wheelchair,we had a great few days ,now we keep in contact thru skype and her mum as well who is 92 and just learning how use a computer.I only answered a question for her on the site and now i have a friend for life.Mig
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    awww thats really nice, i also met a good friend after speaking on an orlando villas forum, i tried dressing as the avatar charactor i had which was a purpel dreesed woman with hat and suitcase... to meet with Lynne i also wore the same hat so she would recognise me...we got on so well with her and her family, still in touch but shes up north and im down south....
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    good friends are hard to find where ever you find them look after them they worth there weight in gold val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    valval wrote:
    good friends are hard to find where ever you find them look after them they worth there weight in gold val

Very true, Val :grin:

Mig and Liesa, I'm glad that you have found friends on the internet too. You do hear some horror stories about the internet, but it can be a wonderful thing when used wisely.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif