If anybody...

elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 30. Oct 2011, 13:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
Don't tell me you have never forgotten.
I have :roll: - but only the once.

Elna x
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Not everyone is as brilliant as you, del and some need the prompt. Why not join those who stay on BST all the year round? Then you won't have to worry about clock fiddling. Mind you, I would love to see you in full Violet Elizabeth Bott mode! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 28. Oct 2011, 06:18
    Del, if I hadn't met you, I would be convinced by now that you are Victor Meldrew in disguise. I suppose you might be his rebellious biker brother though :lol:

th_mz_0306_10031392922.gif

Wow :!: I don't believe it :!: :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Summer ? What summer ? We didn't see much of it down here in sussex . Jillyb
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    here, in the deepest recesses of my mind in a place I like to call psychoville. We (I'm schizophrenic in here) don't have any of that messing around. It is summer all year round... A happy time of warm days, paddling in the sea, sunbathing, making sandcastles on the beach... Etc
    I would invite you all but my other me doesn't like any of you :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Anyone seen the news that the government are thinking of standardising Uk time with continental time again?
  • tjt6768
    :evil Just stop messing with things :evil
    Everything is alright... Leave it alone, stop wasting money on stupid things :evil
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Thanks for the reminder Dell.. :eek: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    tjt6768 wrote:
    here, in the deepest recesses of my mind in a place I like to call psychoville. We (I'm schizophrenic in here) don't have any of that messing around. It is summer all year round... A happy time of warm days, paddling in the sea, sunbathing, making sandcastles on the beach... Etc

awwwww, I like warm days and skeggy and most important, Tetley T, maybe your friend could chat to my alter ego. 8)
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • tjt6768
    I think they may get on well Matron..
    :wink:

bubbles wrote:
    tjt6768 wrote:

awwwww, I like warm days and skeggy and most important, Tetley T, maybe your friend could chat to my alter ego. 8)
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    My mum has altered hers - she put them all forward one hour. I had a terrific and wholly unjustified ballcocking this morning for not ringing her until 12.08pm. 'As soon as I've gone you're back leading the life of Riley,' etc etc. (Who the hell was Riley and was his life actually that good?) Once she eventually ran out of steam I told her, coolly, to go and look at her 'rocket' clock (it's actually a radio-controlled one but that's what she calls it) and to tell me what time that was showing. :roll:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    My mum has altered hers - she put them all forward one hour. I had a terrific and wholly unjustified ballcocking this morning for not ringing her until 12.08pm. 'As soon as I've gone you're back leading the life of Riley,' etc etc. (Who the hell was Riley and was his life actually that good?) Once she eventually ran out of steam I told her, coolly, to go and look at her 'rocket' clock (it's actually a radio-controlled one but that's what she calls it) and to tell me what time that was showing. :roll:
    bless her bet she soon shut up lol fall back spring fowards so my oh keeps telling me as i never remember lol
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    What p****s me off is why we HAVE to do it in the first feckin place, I'm starting to think it's been forced on us by some feckwit in whitehall for no other reason then control, why can't we just leave the bloody clocks as they are!!?, why do this totally pointless and idiotic charade every flippin year. I personally hate it I'd just love to see the sun run to a normal natural cycle, all this does is give more of us SAD and generally mess up our body clocks and for what?.
    There isn't any real reason why we do it anyway, ask people and you get all sorts of reasons why none make any sense, for example some say it's for farmers, great so there's 200 thousand of them so the other 5800000 of us have to get up with them just because they want more light, well tough, just deal with it no one forced them to go into farming so leave me alone and get up at a different time to the rest of us, and if it's so kinds in Scotland need more light when they go to school then I suggest they change the school day to suit them either that or get a torch.
    Or maybe move south!.
    Oh by the way I've just seen on the BBC news web site that Russia is staying on summer time so no click change, good on them common senses rules out over the jobs worth brigade!.
  • dreamdaisy
    Which bit of Russia, mel? They have more than one time zone don't they? Thank you Del for the info about Riley, I appreciate it! I have to say that of all the things in life that cause my panties to bunch the clock change is waaaaaaaaay down the list. I did 'em all last night, did the chiming one this morning, job's a good 'un. DD