how did

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 29. Oct 2011, 15:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
how did you meet your present partner?
and what drew you to them?

met mine at badmintin i was watching going out with one of his pals lol.
he made me laugh and still does
val

Comments

• tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    1966 at a mathematics course in Worcester Probably my attraction was the ability to do hard sums :lol::lol::lol:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    In the pub,was on a night out with the girls and he was behind the bar pulling pints,hes got nice blue eyes.Mig
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Through Dateline 38 years ago. I could hardly believe my eyes when I opened the door to this tall, gorgeous, dishy fella with sports car parked on the drive. :grin:

My son met his partner at a night club when he was 17 years old, 13 years ago. His mates pushed him and another mate into these two girls dancing and that was it.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Met my OH at my birthday party I was 17...and with my boyfriend at the time.. :oops: but our eyes met...and later on when I was on my own he asked me out...we got married when I was 19....and its lasted...that was 42 years ago.. :eek:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    In the rates office of Suffolk Coastal District Council, very early January 1988. It was the voice. It still is but other things have been added along the way. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I first saw him in a field in Belgium. our eyes did meet but His best mate chatted me up first. MY current boyfriend turned up on one date in Kettering and that was it. Been together ever since.

E
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Went to an 18+ club to keep two friends company , I was with a boyfriend at the time , so just accompanied them for quick drink . Saw hubby across the proverbial crowded room and thought he looked kind and a bit shy . 2 weeks later we got together , ( earlier boyfriend dumped ) , and nearly 35 years later ; 3 kids , 1 son in law , 2 daughters in law ; still exceptionally happy and getting better each year that passes . Jillyb
  • cacyhi
    cacyhi Member Posts: 150
    This young guy moved into the flat next door to me and my two boys. Was really ill with the flu and I was about to go to the chemist for a prescription when we met on the stairs. He said I looked so bad to go home and that he'd get the prescription for me! I knew that was my kind of man - he's still looking after me now, another son and 16 years later and he's still my toyboy (by 10 years) :grin:
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    He tripped me drown the stairs at a party 11 years ago this December ....before his best mate pinched my bum :roll: .
    Hes a charmer :shock: but thankfully I have a sense of humour
    Chrissie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    we are all so lucky to have found partners that make us so happy val
    val
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    We met at work, it was my first day at M&* head office and he bought me lunch after we got chatting. Then 2 months later at the office Christmas party we kissed...we got engaged on my birthday in feb and were married that November. It gets better and better with every year. :grin:
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    cthornley wrote:
    He tripped me drown the stairs at a party 11 years ago this December ....before his best mate pinched my bum :roll: .
    Hes a charmer :shock: but thankfully I have a sense of humour
    Chrissie

That was one way to get your attention!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I was 19, and a student in London. It was the first ( and last ) blind date which I ever went on. We went to Battersea Funfair on all the rides, then back to his hall of residence ( he was a student at King's College ) He was studying Classics at uni, and he read out some Ancient Greek poetry to me.( Homer, I believe! ) I didn't understand a word, but it sounded very romantic :grin: Then he played some music on his clarinet for me ( very beautifully! ) and that was it :!: Hook, line, and sinker :!: :lol:
    Been married 46 years at Christmas :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    We met at school. Fifth form,year 11 in todays school years.

Liked hiim for a whiile and then one day he offered me a piece of juicy fruit chewing gum :lol: and for a date :grin:

sooooo glad he did.....love him to bits :grin:

juliepf x