Hollywood and Jack Reacher

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 31. Oct 2011, 07:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am an un-ashamed fan of the Jack Reacher crime novels by Lee Child. I look forward to each new book with a deal of excitement and once purchased I save reading it until I can wait no more. I knew it would not be that long before Hollywood got its tentacles wrapped around him, and sure enough they have.

Jack Reacher (from the novels) is 6' 5", 250 lbs, 52" chest, mop of dirty blonde hair and very blue eyes. The proposed Hollywood Reacher?

Tom Cruise. :roll: If you are going to mis-cast that badly then why not go the whole hog and get Danny DeVito? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's hilarious,DD :lol: Films of books are nearly always disappointing though because you build up your own picture of the characters, and actors rarely live up to your imagination.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's not just Hollywood, the Beeb et al also get it hugely wrong. The Lynley Mysteries were so badly mis-cast I couldn't watch 'em.

One film series that got it spot on was Harry Potter. The Philosopher's Stone was a tad better than the book, the rest about equal. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben