Jumping Pains around my body.

MrsD
MrsD Member Posts: 4
I am suffering from acute pains in my thumb joints, ankles and in between my elbow and shoulders. The pains jump around. They are not every day and usually peak in the evening and have gone by the morning, sometimes leaving behind a slight warm/burning feeling. Does arthritis start like this? My Nan said it's okay jumping around your body as long as it doesn't settle somewhere. Yesterday my 4 year old daughter rubbed hand cream in my hand which sparked pains for the rest of the day, peaked in the evening and all but gone this morning...just by rubbing cream in! Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mrs D,
    Sorry cant offer any advice except you need to talk this through with your g.p.
    Write down all symptoms, pain scale, where and take it with you.

Unable to come up with anything, just make sure you get yourself checked out.

Clare x
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • MrsD
    Thanks Claire. x

I will go back to the docs. Last time though he said if it is arthritis there is no cure just pain relief in ibuprofen and paracetamol. :sad:
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    MrsD wrote:
    Thanks Claire. x

I will go back to the docs. Last time though he said if it is arthritis there is no cure just pain relief in ibuprofen and paracetamol. :sad:

It depends what arthritis you have as to how to treat, as clare suggested keep a pain diary for next few weeks and go back to GP and explain what is going on, if you get any swelling then take photos so you can show GP..Let us know how you get on..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    i kind of get that to, nut also twitching joints of late...
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Liesa

Does the "joint twitching" happen in the evenings when you are sitting down and at night when in bed?

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    MrsD wrote:
    I am suffering from acute pains in my thumb joints, ankles and in between my elbow and shoulders. The pains jump around. They are not every day and usually peak in the evening and have gone by the morning, sometimes leaving behind a slight warm/burning feeling. Does arthritis start like this? My Nan said it's okay jumping around your body as long as it doesn't settle somewhere. Yesterday my 4 year old daughter rubbed hand cream in my hand which sparked pains for the rest of the day, peaked in the evening and all but gone this morning...just by rubbing cream in! Any advice would be helpful.

Hello Mrs D

In addition to the very good advice everyone has given you re pain diary, symptoms, etc I would suggest you keep a note of what activities you are dong during the day to see if it correlates with your pain levels, for example how many time a day do you lift the children or lift anything else etc. Itr could be that trhe activities in your day exacerbate your joint pain so you may need to learn to do things differently.

If the burning sensation increases talk it over with your GP and ask if having some blood test for inflammation would help him to diagnose the problem or at least help to rule stuff out.

If you would like to talk things through please feel free top give us a call. in the mean time it may help to read out booklet called Understanding Arthritis:
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets/main_content/UnderstandingArthritisbooklet2011.pdf

I hope that helps

Best wishes

Simona
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    HIya i get it anytime, i notice more when in bed watching tv... hubby always asking me 'u nodded off?' lol and i havent, he doesnt notice when hes home that i do this during the day to... i put mine down to side effects of the medications i take, i would advise u to see ur Dr, there could be a number of reasons why u get twitches
    sometimes mine go when my hands are hovering around the 'touch pad' and takes it off to something else... it doesnt worry me xx hope u get it sorted xx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • millie78
    millie78 Member Posts: 71
    Hi there your symptoms sound like something I have just been diagnosed with. Palidronic rhematism. Your nan is probably right. Some people stay as you are, some go into remission and others like me go on to develop ra.
    You should ask to see a rheumatologist. Best of luck.
    Oh and by the way my gp said the same but after 8 years I insisted on a referral and am now taking a cocktail of drugs which I think are helping but with the sporadic symptoms its difficult to really know.
  • MrsD
    Thanks everyone for your replies. They are all very helpful and given me a lot to think about.

Millie78 - I looked into info about Palindromic Rheumatism and think thats it! It describes that symptoms I having exactly!!! It's great to know I'm not going mad and others think I'm a bit loopy when I say my pains are back but this time in another random place not linked to the pain I had before. It's such a relief. x

I'm fortunate to have been pain free over the past 2 weeks and will defo keep a pain diary and monitor stress levels because I think there could be a link?!

Thanks again everyone. :smile:
  • millie78
    millie78 Member Posts: 71
    I thought I was going mad too. I never seemed to fit with everyone else. I don't think there is rhyme or reason for the pain.