Re:Adverts

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 2. Nov 2011, 19:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is it me or are there more adds on TV these days, I'm trying to watch a film on film 4 and I've forgotten what the fecking hell is going on, adds every 10 mins it's doing me ed in.
It's like Doc Martin we record it now and watch it later and just skip the c***y adds.

Comments

• tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think you are right I remember reading somewhere that they were allowed more advert time also they now have product placing where they can place a commercially named product in a prominent place The latest is to be Coronation Street with a Nationwide cash dispenser in the shop
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    record most things and zap through these days does your head in
    val
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    I have mixed feelings about the ads ; I begrudge paying for the bbc license as the only thing we watch on the bbc is the Attenborough series of programmes ; but we also get annoyed at the amount of advertising throughout the evening ! Happy medium needed maybe . Jillyb
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    There are more ads these days. In the past programmes lasting an hour usually had three commercial breaks, but now they have four. The ads seem to get more irritating too these days, and often spoil dramas etc.

One thing I can't bear is when presenters recap over what has just gone before the break, eg. as in Location, Location. It's as though our memories are so short that we couldn't possibly remember what happened only a few minutes previously. :roll: Why do they do it :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Here in Kent when an advert comes on the TV (irrespective of the channel) the sound goes sky-high - all without us even looking at the remote! We push the "mute" button for the duration - so much better! Does this happen anywhere else in the UK?
    Some programmes are only on for 6 minutes when they go to an ad break. Why? It's madness!
    Grace
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Grace the TV companies say they don't increase the sound level and that's true but what they do is fill in all the low level parts of the sound spectrum so in effect makes it louder is range but not in volume, cheating gits!.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi Grace the TV companies say they don't increase the sound level and that's true but what they do is fill in all the low level parts of the sound spectrum so in effect makes it louder is range but not in volume, cheating gits!.

FINALLY

l understand why they are so noisy!!

cheers Mell :wink:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Yip far more adverts than there used to be...I think we may be catching up with America....and Grace yes the sounds does go loud...it drives me mad keep turning it up and down..
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    This is one funny advert but a bit suggestive :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EMs-4fUZd-k

If you used one of those in a public place, I think there's a strong possibility that you would get arrested :lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif