painful jaw

kyrarose
kyrarose Member Posts: 2
my husband suffers with arthritis, but can you get it in the jaw? the last few days he has been in a lot of pain, but not toothace is the possible

Comments

• cacyhi
    cacyhi Member Posts: 150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there, I have RA and have had a lot of pain in my jaw over the years. after all, its a joint like any other really even if it is small. I go to an osteopath who also does acupunture and she usually manages to work her magic when it hurts. (For me, its in that spot just under the ear where it gets me most). I am new to the forum but I am sure there are many out there who will reply with more specific knowledge than me. Best wishes
    CAROL (Cacyhi)
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Dear Kyra,

Thank you for your post to Helplines. I wonder what kind of arthritis your husband has? We have got some information on arthritis in the jaw that we can send you if you private message us your name and postal address (or email helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk).

(We don't have that particular information in electronic form, so we can't email it.)

If you'd like to talk about the situation please ring us.

I hope that is helpful

Guy
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    i got some good exercises from dentist if he mentions it next time he goes val
    val
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Hi,

I emailed the helpline team. a while back, asking for the info about arthritis in the jaw to be posted out to me. I haven't heard anything, either by a reply to my email or by post.

Don't know if my email was actually received.

Thanks,

Magenta
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi magenta,

If you've not had a reply by now I'd suggest you re-send your email.

sorry if there's been a problem our address is helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk

all the best

Guy
  • magenta
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've sent my details again,

Magenta
  • magenta
    Hiya,

Got the stuff today in the post,

Thank you,

Magenta
  • Logi
    Logi Member Posts: 5
    Hi everybody. Thanks so much for sharing all you have learned. I am trying to learn as much as I can about this as I have just become the caretaker of my mother who has arthritis. She has actually complained of pain in the jaw and she can't really even enjoy eating. I think I'll suggest some of the remedies you mentioned to her and see what she thinks of them.