Bit of advice

joon51
joon51 Member Posts: 221
edited 6. Nov 2011, 08:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi need a bit of advice folks

I am due to go to the hospital on Wednesday for my first meth jab, OH has not been feeling too good of late ie cold and a very bad cough, well yes would you belive it I am now starting to get his cold I am nowhere near as bad as him. So do I still go to the hospital for said jab, or play safe and phone up the Rheumy nurse. It took along while for me to agree to the jabs and now getting this damn cold feel like fate is playing a part.

Take Care Junexx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ring the rheumatology nurse - my hospital would never give me the injection when I had a sniffle or sore throat, so please ring them for advice. I hope you both feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joon51
    Thank-you DD will ring them xx
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    How did you get on what did they say? Oh and how are you feeling now x
    Tracey
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hope you feel bit better sure they will do it next week instead good luck
    val
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    I agree with DD ring the nurse and see what they say.
    I know I have been told if I have a cough not to inject.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Anita.
  • dreamdaisy
    Any news joon? I hope the cold isn't affecting you too badly. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi June
    I do hope you are feeling better, and that you can have your jab...please let us know how you get on...wishing you well with it
    Love
    Barbara
  • joon51
    Hi Tracey, Valval, Anita, Barbara,and DD,

Rheumy nurse rang me yesterday afternoon she has said I can put it off for a week she was really nice she said I don't have to make my mind up till the day I am due to go Wed 2nd, but I am going to ring her back later and say tomorrow is no go I have woke up worse this morning. OH is sounding alot better though his smoking hasn't helped him. I know I am silly but I haven't had the flu jab either, didn't have it last year and I got by ok .

Take Care Junexx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Glad they got in touch with you, at least you know what to do now, sorry to hear your feeling worse this morning,,, lots of TLC is in order then, warm blankets and hot soup and plenty of tea lol..
    Hope you feel better soon..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • joon51
    Hi Tracy, they were quite late in the afternoon when she did, but like you said she did. Hope you are not feeling too bad.

Take Care Junexx
  • dreamdaisy
    If you are moving onto injected meth then you should also have a flu jab - it is only sensible as you will be immuno-supressed. I had mine last Wednesday (usually my meth day) so I missed the meth as my hospital told me not to have the both on the same day. I hope you feel better soon and good luck with both injections - they are absolutely fine in my experience. DD
  • joon51
    Thank- you DD how are you getting on coming off the pred? I managed to be pred free for 1 week then sorry to say had to go back on it. That is why I am going on to mtx injections to see if that might help, also the nausea feeling just hope I don't get the nausea with the jabs.

Take Care Junexx
  • dreamdaisy
    It's all going well joon, and thank you for remembering. I am down to alternating between 1mg and nothing. I can't say that it is easy, because it isn't, but I was determined to do without, and that determination remains. I must be mad. :roll: The real test will come when I stop the humira - the hospital are now thinking that I am not cost-effective in terms of my results from it and they want to take me off it. As for the meth the injections should stop the nausea as you are no longer digesting the drug. I do my own injections and so far so good on all fronts - I do get very tired sometimes the following day but that's all. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Glad you did the sensible thing there Joon :smile:

MTX doesn't seem to like nasty virally germy thingies :wink:

Good luck for next week

Love

Toni xx
  • joon51
    Hi need a bit more advice please. I am still not feeling that well cough cold, are we supposed to go gps for antibiotics, although I thought antibiotics wasn't any good for colds, I am a bit worried incase it goes to my chest ( i have been coughing up phelm) sorry bit too much information.
    Also since yesterday I have been getting a stabbing pain in my head has anyone ever had this? Think I will still be off the meth this week too.

Thanks Take Care Junexx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello June

I have just read your thread and I am so sorry you are still so unwell.

I would advise you to go to the GP so that he can establish whether what you have is a cold or whether you have an infection which needs antibiotics. Given that you are coughing stuff up, I do wonder if you have a chest infection. Given, too, how long it has been going on, I feel a visit to the GP sooner rather than later would be sensible.

Thinking of you.

Tilly xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I would endorse everything that Tilly has said, June. Antibiotics do nothing for colds but, if it has morphed into a chest infection, they may well help and the sooner you can shift it, the sooner you can start the meds.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright