Sudden inflammation of foot.

Options
Sisyphus
Sisyphus Member Posts: 4
I have fairly advanced osteo arthritis. Four months ago my left foot suddenly became swollen and the guides on top were very painful. No trouble walking. After a week the condition subsided so that my foot now remains slightly inflamed on top. My physiotherapist could not explain the condition after checking for skin sensitivity. Is this familiar to anyone please?

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sounds like there is some inflimation in there (i am part of forum not help line) try ice wraped in towel as am sure physio said and see if doc will do blood test to check for inflimation then you will know what you are dealing with val
    val
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sisyphus

Thanks for your posting.

I'm sorry to hear about the pain and swelling you are experiencing in your foot.

It may be worth asking your doctor to have a blood test done (to see if there inflammation in your system) as well as an x-ray, to see what is happening insde the joint. For information on osteoarthritis in the foot see our factsheet at http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Factsheets#cK45.

I would encourage you to ring our helplines on 0808 800 4050 (open from 10am to 4pm from Monday to Friday) to have a chat about your current situation.

Regards

Nick
    Helplines Team