Hi

bigstu
bigstu Member Posts: 14
edited 8. Nov 2011, 15:53 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all,
I am new here. I have severe RA, and have now had to give up my work because of it. I am 29 Years old, and have had RA for 7 - 8 Years. It now takes me several hours to get moving in the morning, and really struggle walking, moving any of my joints especially my hands as well. I am hoping to speak to some of you as i have quite a few questions to ask, and looking to find information out.

Regards
Stuart

Comments

• BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, welcome to the forums, sorry to hear you have been so bad it is not nice I have RA and been diagnosed for about 5 yr now and am 40 feeling like 80 lol. This forums are great for info and advice, I have picked up so much from reading the posts and asking questions.
    Tracey
  • bigstu
    Thank you Tracey. I stay in Ayrshire, in Scotland. Is there any groups that you know of that i could go to too meat otehr people face to face to discuss things.

Regards
    Stuart
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forum,
    The men on here will be glad you have joined, i'm sure they get fed up of us women going on lol :lol:
    Well i am 32 with inflammatory arthritis in elbows, wrists,ankles and feet and OA in knees and fingers , also have problems with hip and back just awaiting xray results..
    The good thing about the forum is that we can understand where you are coming from and can relate to the difficulties you face.
    I was dismissed from my job in June, although i was heartbroken i now realise it is a good thing as i can concentrate on me..
    Look forward to seeing you around and ask as many questions you like, we are not doctorsd but we have first hand experience of many things so can relate in that way..
    Take care
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • bigstu
    Hi, thank you very much for the replies. Makes me feel very welcome. I have put a post up on the working Matters Forum, explaining thinkgs in a bit more depth, if you would like to have a look at that and give any advice that you can.

Regards
    Stuart
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    bigstu wrote:
    Hi, thank you very much for the replies. Makes me feel very welcome. I have put a post up on the working Matters Forum, explaining thinkgs in a bit more depth, if you would like to have a look at that and give any advice that you can.

Regards
    Stuart

Replied Stuart.. glad to hear you are feeling welcome..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    I am up Moray but don't know of any groups as not really looked into that, guess up till this latest flare up I was in denial as I was not really that bad just the occasional flare but I always seemed to come thru it with different meds but this time since Aug I have been getting worse and worse and things have sunk in that I can't do what I used to and having crutches now has really limited me so I should look into groups in my area for some support but you tend to find most are older folk and hardly any young folk go as they feel awkward. I have met a local girl younger than me who has RA and have met her for coffee so we are going to keep in touch and support each other which is nice as often your normal friends just don't understand. Good luck in finding a group local to you but this forum is as good as anywhere for support and advice if you don't find anything.
    Tracey
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Stuart

welcome to the forums form me too.

If you take a look on the main a/c site you can see what is going on in your area.

I am in teh middle of a challenge your condition course' run by a/c and have met folks at my local a/c group (although a lot are a lot older than me :???: they are still lovely...their experience invaluable) and off here too.

Love

Toni xx