PsA - Newbie!

Options
cazbickel
cazbickel Member Posts: 2
edited 8. Nov 2011, 15:58 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone,

I have PsA, diagnosed in 2002 and currently waiting for my second op on my left foot.

I have a 5 year old son, and anyone with children will know they don't always recognise when we're having a bad day, but I am blessed that when mummy says she needs a lay down he will know exactly what to do to keep himself occupied, even for half an hour!

Currently I am taking 20mg of Leflunomide, having tried Methotrexate pille, then injections, and tried Sulfasalazine to no avail.

Hubby and I have tried to conceive a second baby, with no luck and since going onto the Leflunomide (and possible anti TNF if they don't work) we are trying to convince ourselves that we are at peace and happy with just the one child.....doesn't always happen.

Would love to hear from anyone in the same situation....

Carol

:grin:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi carol,

I'm not in the same situation as you but welcome from me anyway. I have RA, two grown up sons and 2 little grandsons. I can well remember those frustrating early-childhood years though. Sometimes I wondered how I could get through the day. Now they push me around in my wheelchair, their main aim being to scare the living daylights out of me! I'm on meth. I had problems with leflunomide. We're all so different.

Please wander about as you will. If you've any questions more people use LWA and Chit Chat than here. All the best. SW
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi and welcome from me. I have lupus,sjorgens and inflammatory arthritis. I am happily married with 2 teenagers, so am not in the same position. I empathise though, as I have been told I am unable to have more children as it has affected my heart. It must be very difficult with a small child, but he sounds adorable.

I hope you and your consultant can come to some sort of agreement over your meds and children.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Hi Caz

welcome to the forums from me a very lucky person who didn't get thie till she had her kids

thing is the 'need' to have a child isn't that 'controllable' is it? my own sis was lucky enough to have one, but would have dearly loved a second. No such luck and another friend tried through IVF (husband had cancer) no luck at all.

So l do understand. This is something only you two can settle beacause you are the only two living with the decision.

If you do decide to stick with your lad he will be the most loved any boy could be.

Hope to see you posting more

Love

toni xx