A new girl on the block

mona
mona Member Posts: 3
edited 8. Nov 2011, 13:39 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone in pain out there, just want to introduce myself. I am 44 and was told 3 years ago that i had rhuematoid arthritis since then my life has changed dramatically. I have never had a day without pain most days i find it hard to move and this last 2 weeks my back has been so sore so thats a new spot, as they say it's very much alive!! I am on methotrexate and have started humira injection earlier this year which i thought was going to answer all my prayers :sad: . I take tramodol and paracetomol for pain and have tried alot of relaxation and holistic therapies as well. Oh i do hope there is a light at the end of this very long tunnel :???: Just to tell you though i have the most supportive family who must be so sick of me grunting and groaning by now. Oh but the biggest laugh of all is i have been an insulin diabetic for the last 33 years. how lucky can one girl be :lol: Am looking forward to being able to chat on here and have an auld rant now and again :smile:

Comments

• CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome. You have joined a lovely bunch on here. Post on living with as more people go there.
    Sorry you needed to join but as you have a big
    :smile: and hug ((()))

See you around.
    Xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Morning Mona,

Welcome to the forum,

You have come to the right place to have a rant, we are a good bunch on here and understand what you are going through.
    Makes the world of difference to have a supportive family behind you.
    I am 32 with 2 children and inflammatory arthritis in elbows, wrists, ankles,and feet and oa in knees and fingers.I have been having pain in hips and back which is drastically affecting my mobility i had xray over 5 weeks ago and am waiting for report to come through..It seems to work it's way around the body attacking new places, be good if it would just bugger off lol.. :lol:
    Look forward to seeing you around..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    Hello welcome to the forums, I am pretty new to them too and have found so much advice and info to help on here. As they say it is a pity you had to join but there is lots of support on here and everyone is in the same boat so understands our pain.
    Tracey
  • mona
    mona Member Posts: 3
    :grin: Thanks soo much everyone didn't know what to do about going on the forum but i'm glad i did, now i can have a chat with you all looking forward to the new experience.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi there Mona

Welcome, do come and join us on the other zones, where most of us hang out.

Hope to see you posting there soon,

Hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hi Mona and welcome from me :grin:

I see you have discovered that these AI diseases do not like to be alone, they tend to come in groups. I am losing count of my 'labels' :oops: Peeps on here understand though.