Is it that simple?

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
Flippin heck me and the wife we had a formal ill health retirement meeting with the company doctor today, went all tooled up with loads of medical files etc and were only in there for 15 minutes, he didn’t argue said yes he’s willing to agree he also said he had to write formally to the head of HR who would then formally say there isn’t work or a job for me, they will then formally say so in writing to him it then goes to the pension fund board and they have to agree it then that’s it.
I signed a formal agreement for his reply to HR agreeing to ill health retirement, thing is I could read most of it but I am now wondering if I’ve not been stitched up mind you doc's been fine all along, the union rep thought he might be a bit obstinate it was all done and dusted in no time at all?.

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Glad it went smoothly Mell..
    Hope it gets sorted as soon as so it is one less thing for you to worry about..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • mellman01
    Unoin rep says it wil happen really fast, I hope so, me knees have been getting worse over the past few months, flippin neuro pain is a right beast, actually been making me physically tom and dick recently, always bad at night, I hate it but at least this is over with,I really thought they were going to say no to me.
  • mellman01
    an update for ya, seen rep again and it's all done and dusted pension wise, I am now waiting on HR to give me a date to go, oddly my line manager has been giving me some really odd jobs to do and keeps making remarks, he knows but I wont reply to him that it's a yes, all I tell him and others is i am waiting on the company doctors report, it's gone from waiting on death row to waiting for the prison officer to come and open my cell and let me walk out the prison gates!.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    We have OS maps of the terrain around Didcot power station, Len's survival skills and the bunker babes so we can always plan an escape.

Your line manger coul dwell be collateral damage :green
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    :?: :?:
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Moderator wrote:
    We have OS maps of the terrain around Didcot power station, Len's survival skills and the bunker babes so we can always plan an escape.

bunker babes reporting for duty as and when needed mel n050.gif
    val
  • mellman01
    Moderator wrote:

You mean they let len out on his own!?, I like the sound of my line manager being collateral damage!