Why does my doctor make me feel like im putting it on?

Options
fulton
fulton Member Posts: 88
edited 11. Nov 2011, 07:08 in Say Hello Archive
Why is it everytime i go to the doctors it seems like they think im putting it on! I feel like whats the point all they do is give me painkillers that dont work and send me home! Its so fustrating!

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi David

I am sorry to hear that your GP reaches for the script pad all too quickly and you feel that he thinks you are "making it all up". Now why would you possibly be doing that? :?: :roll: You have started up your own business etc, so it is obvious that you would not be going to the gps if you did not need help and support with your OA.

I would keep going back and make him listen to you or change your gp to a more approachable one. Painkillers and anti inflams do unfortunately have that side effect of the dreaded tiredness. None of this is in your head and please do not let any GP say that kind of thing or even imply it. Sometimes we really do have to have the confidence to stand our ground with these medics to push through the barrier that is unfortunately there sometimes to let them know that we genuinely need help to carry on with our lives.

Chin up and keep strong, we are all behind you on this,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi again

If you post your thread on the living with arthritis zone you will receive more replies, this is more of an introductory zone so not so many members call in here.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • fulton
    fulton Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks Elna I just noticed it was in the wrong section.

Dave