Hi - OA problems

Options
cathyb
cathyb Member Posts: 4
edited 24. Nov 2011, 10:05 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

I'm Cathy. I started with Osteoarthritis when I was 30 and had a hip resurfaced in 2006 (aged 46). It was the best decision ever. Had to change jobs from teaching to office work though to help save the other hip. Now that is starting to go and my finger joints are going all gnarly and painful. Is there a sitting down job that doesn't involve using your hands?????

Has anyone got any ideas on pain relief for fingers? Going to start physio for my hip soon - do you know if they do fingers too? I can always ask.

Anyway sorry if I am moaning but I'm starting to feel a bit old and crumbling!

Cheers
Cathy

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Cathyb and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you had a good result with the hip resurface but sorry about the other one. I'm afraid it does sound very familiar.

Mine is rheumatoid and actually started in my fiingers so I know there are several finger exercises you can do to help keep them strong. AC has a booklet on exercises if you go to the top right of the page and click on 'Publications and Resources'.

You'll get more response to your questions if you put them on the Living with Arthritis forum as more people look on there. But don't ever feel you need to apologise for 'moaning' (Moaning? You should hear me when I get going!). We all do it. We all need to do it from time to time and folk here understand.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright