dont know where i stand.

okidoki
okidoki Member Posts: 29
hi everyone.

having problems with work. i have OA,IA and FIBRO. had to go to pain clinic 9 month ago. which brought my condition more to light with them, as thay didnt think i was so bad as i atend work.
i drive a lorry for a living. one of our drivers had a smash that got them thinking, what if that was me. now thay want my docs files then thay will make a decision to whether i drive for them or not. i'm not able for any other type of work thay can offer me. so it looks like a matter of time before i'm out. i have an apointment with a OT on monday. does anyone know how lone it takes for them to get my file from the doc, i sighed the form giving them permission.
dont know what else to say or tell you all.....

Comments

• okidoki
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    thanks dellboy. aparently the boss owner wants to look at my doc files. then he will say whats to happen with me.. can he pass on my doc file to anyone to look at or should thay stay inhouse.

when does it become reportable to dvla, is that your doc that has that say.. this is all new to me delboy and i'm not liking the way its looking just now.

thanks again for your reply.
  • okidoki
    thanks i'll have to make some calls. spoke to an OT today thay dont think i should be working either.
    this is all getting to me.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Just to add onto Del's post about DVLA, if you do e-mail them, then they will send a medical form to fill in,of you don't fill it in, then they will withdraw your licence. They won't give you advice as such, if you are asking for advice, then I think there is an obligation for them to investigate the why's and wherefore's of your enquiry.

I am speaking from personal experience, check out the DVLA website for more info.

For car drivers, we only have to declare arthritis if there are any adaptations to the vehicle.

Could working in the transport office be a possibility?

Janie
  • okidoki
    hi janie. with what you have said my outlook aint good. i dont think i'll be asking them right now.
    as for the change in job hard to say, thay are paying people off.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    I'm sorry to hear that Oki, holding on asking DVLA might be a good idea!

Janie
  • okidoki
    delboy wrote:
    I don't believe they can ask your GP for your records without your consent in writing.

I would email the DVLA and ask them if your condition, explain it fully, has any bearing on your holding the licence you do, I'm pretty sure they will say no and you will have it in writing an pre-empt your employer.

If you're a union member get their advice as soon as you can and keep a record of all that happens.

delboy thay asked me to sign the form for my files and i did . i thought it was the right thing to do. not sure now tho.

not in a union and we are not aloud to be in one. its their way or no way.
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Hi, you can be in a union – it's enshrined in the much maligned European Human Rights Act – my company doesn't recognise unions either, but I've been a member for the past nine years – I just haven't told them.
    Scozzie
  • okidoki
    looks like i am going to just take wot comes my way. the things employers do eh. i can see there point of view tho. but its not easy to take right now. worried sick.