Silly Me

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 29. Nov 2011, 07:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
On way home from my my daily trip out I get just outside home and then next thing I know i'm on my knees on pavement haveing tripped over. good job lampost was in the way or my rollator would have ended up in the road :oops: x:-o I now have 2 bruised sore knees ouch.
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, Turbogran, that does sound very painful. Pavements are hard and not to be argued with. I expect your knees will double up as Christmas lights in the next few days but, if you think you may have done some damage, please get them checked out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    dont you feel daft you want to get up quicker than you went down do hope you have not done to much dammage val
    val
  • Turbogran
    Oh Sticky That made me laugh :lol::lol: I try not to argue with pavements honestly cos as you say they are hard and usually win. and well maybe i do need some more christmas lights :lol: :roll: seriously though if i'm worried I will get myself checked out. you sure do val :oops:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    oooh turbogran

I am so glad that you are ok ,but I guess a little sore and shaken.

Time to take the turbo off the rollator me thinks :lol:

Take care
    Love & hugs and a nice cuppa :wink:

Juliepf x
  • SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    Ohhh Turbogran

Hope your ok, knees verses pavement sounds very painful. Besides hurting your poor knees it must have shook your whole body. Hope your body don't suffer after shocks tomorrow

Love n hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • Turbogran
    Noooooo Julie not off the rollator :sad: that mean i'll have to stay at home that won't do at all i'd have to change me name to crazygran :lol::lol: So do I Shelia .
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Turbogran
    I say It shook me up Shelia the amusing thing was there I was on my knees thinking how am I going to get up as there was not a soul around me at the time.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Beatrix
    Beatrix Member Posts: 37
    Hope your knee's will be alright Carol, glad the lamp post was there for you. I usually go bright red and get up as quickly as I fell due to embarrassment :lol:

Jackie x
    Fall down seven times, get up eight
    Japanese Proverb
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Ouch .. i feel your pain..

Hope knees ease up soon luvie, rest them up and relax, as sticky said if they don't ease up then please see GP..

Take care..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Turbogran
    Thanks Jackie and Tracey
    Jackie yes was embarresed glad in a way there was not anyone close by.
    Tracey I promise if they get worse i'll see the GP. x;) x;)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi carol

Hope the knees are ok today and not causing you any problems after your fall.

(oooo no I didn't mean stop using the rollator, I meant slow down, No using its turbo :lol: )

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Ouch Carol!! Hope they ease in a few days! Bet you have to lovely bruises on both knees! Your legs can easily go on you at any time no matter what you use.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    :shock: Oh no! We have to concentrate so much when we are walking don't we? Apparently I cut our neighbours dead a few week-ends ago but I honestly did not see them as I was dealing with a kerb, negotiating a pot hole then the other kerb and avoiding Mr DD who strayed into my path as he had semi-turned round to wave at them. :roll:

Rest those knees as much as you can, please. Mine don't take kindly to shocks and jars and I'm sure yours are the same, so heat/ice, whichever helps the most, rest and some dullers and I hope things ease soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    how are you today hope you have not stiffened up to much ((())) val
    val
  • Turbogran
    update after fall yesterday both knees are bruised and a bit sore if touched but other than that they dont feel too bad. no pain or stiffness in left one. Right knee is just a bit stiffer than normal when standing up after sitting down for a while but once I move it seems to ease off a bit pain is no worse than usual and it is the one with arther. It could have been worse I suppose. :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx