psoriasis ??

SheilaD
SheilaD Member Posts: 201
edited 29. Nov 2011, 10:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I am a recent new member and would like to know if this sounds like psoriasis. I started with a small lesion on my right shin a couple of weeks ago about 2 cms across, which was rather itchy and had a burning sensation and is dry like a dandruff if i scratch it :roll: I have now 3 other patches coming up on the same shin and one on the inside of my leg just above my knee.

I have just been diagnosed with RA and started Methotrexate last Thursday and also had a steroid injection in my bottom :oops:

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Love n hugs
SheilaD xx

Comments

• CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, I have Psoriasis over various body part. What i suggest is that you get a doc app to make sure it is and if necessary they can give u some cream for it.
    There is a thing called psoriatic arthritis which is like R.A and not always the psoriasis is not the first thing to show so maybe a ring to reummy would be advisable, but would talk to doc first.

Good Luck with that, and welcome to the forum.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • SheilaD
    Hi CJ

Thank you for your response. I will take your advice and ring Dr's tomrrow,

Love n hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    hi Sheila,

oh flower it does sound like it might be but like Clare says best go see your gp. in the mean time maybe sudafed or e45 would help a bit?

i used to get it on my knees and elbows but since being put on the mtx and the sulfa its gone. shame they couldn't do the same for the pa :lol:

hope the gp can help and please let us know how you get on. Cris xx
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    I have psoriasis on my scalp as well.

The best thing that I use is Head n Shoulders, the meth does keep it away, but Head n Shoulders is good as well.

Not very nice as it does look like big clumps of dandruf! :oops:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello Sheila, it could be indeed but the GP is the one to tell you. When I began my PA I had a dreadful scalp which everyone assured me was sebhorreac dermatitis (or summat like) but looking back on it now I think it was psoriasis as it cleared up when we spent two weeks in Italy in glorious sunshine! It did not reappear for a number of years, thanks to the sulphasalazine I think, but now and again I go get tiny plaques here and there (as my dad did too). It's caused by the skin renewing itself too fast (in a matter of 3-4 days rather than the usual 28-30), the scales are the dead skin, the redness the immature skin. (I think I've got that right!) Try not to fidget with it as germs can be so easily introduced. I coat mine in vaseline as I find E45 etc makes me itch. Aqueous cream is pretty good too. Do let us know what he says, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Sheila

I hope you have rung the gp and got an appointment. It is best to get your skin seen by the gp.

Fingers crossed that he can give you some ointment to ease the itch.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • SheilaD
    Good morning everyone hope your having a good day.

I have got an appointment today to see my GP 2pm will let you know what she says.

Thank you for all your replies.

Love n Hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    SheilaD wrote:
    Good morning everyone hope your having a good day.

I have got an appointment today to see my GP 2pm will let you know what she says.

Thank you for all your replies.

Love n Hugs
    SheilaD xx

will hop in your pocket ready good luck val
    val
  • SheilaD
    Hi hope everyone is having a 'good day'

Just been to Drs re my shin. It is psoriasis and Dr has given me Dovebet cream and diprobase to moisturise. She has also refered me to dermatologist. Although she thinks it may clear with the Meth hope so its very itchy :roll: She thinks its all connected with the RA. So yet more hospital appointments to attend.

Love n hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    RA and psoriasis? I don't know, that does seem an odd combination to me but I am not a doc: check with your rheumatologist when you next see him, I think he should know about this. I had Dovobet for a while but as I think I told you, the sulphasalazine keeps mine at bay for the most part. I hope it clears soon and that the Dov helps to control the itchiness. I do empathise, it's not pleasant. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben