Passport Photos

oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 29. Nov 2011, 16:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Where can you get passport photos taken? Last time used Max Speilmans but havent they stop trading?
thanks for any info, want chain store type photographers, thought of Jessops but says theyre nearly ten pounds.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    look for any photographers on hi street they should all do but they do vary in price val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Oneday

Good to see you.

If you can get in and out of photo booths most supermarkets have them???

Also some do their own now using digital cameras at home. All you need is a neutral coloured backb.ground and a friend to take it.

Our bigger post office has a booth, which looks far more accessible than the ones in the supermarkets.

£10??? TEN POUNDS!! Blimey :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    £10 !!!

I'l do them for a fiver :lol::wink:

Lloyds use to do them, and diddnt have to go into a stupid booth, which is inaccesable and awkward to use (scuse spelling)

Hope u get some. If not home ones are fine. Xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    I took my wife's passport photo a few years ago but i think they are a lot stricter now
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    They are a challenge to do, if I remember rightly you are not to smile, your ears must be showing and glasses should be removed. I think the major stores still have the booths, I think my last lot for my BB cost a fiver. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Yes we had ours done in the photo booths..I think they were £3 most supermarkets have them in...saying that we still have Max Speilman on out high st...
    Love
    Barbara
  • oneday
    Hi guys
    Thank you....few things made me laugh too...about getting in the phone booth bit...i thought you meant can i get in if not fat, this may be because i am thinking about eating the danish pastry i just bought, when i then realised you meant for mobility reasons !
    I wont do a booth because it may take a few and be expensive, say i suddenly sneezed or laughed as the flash went..etc....
    yes, if looked like photo i must be ill, lol.....
    think i will wander around the high street next week and see if theres any photographers out there...
    like the santa smilies x:mrgreen:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    makes me laugh every time they look at my pasport the pic was only taken a couple of years ago but looks nothing like me val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I thought passport photo's need to be done in HD now by law?.

One way round it is to convert to Islam and you can happily wear a Bhurka Hibjab Nibjab flibja or whatever it is they call those head things that they wear you don't need a photo's just pen a lookalikey drawing of you wearing it on a photo size bit of card and send it off, it will save you the £10 it costs normal folk, I mean it's not as if their going to ask to see you face anyway so you could well be quids in, just think of the hassle it will release you from, you wont need to get new photo's if you change your hair or glasses, and think of the duty free opportunity's you can smuggle shed loads of **** back under it and there's f all customs can do about it as lifting it is totally out of bounds!.
  • oneday
    Hi
    yes, youve reminded me of a funny photo i have of myself somewhere that gets me laughing as i look a right gormless idiot, haa haa....
    The passport renewal is for the kids for any school trips abroad so the booths could be difficult, trying to keep a straight face they will end up laughing or something. Well theyre off school weds so i want to get photos done and out of the way. Its just the speileman shops near me all seem to have closed and there were the cheapest last time.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi There! Most Morrisons have the photo booths, that's where I usually have mine done. They cost around £5 for 6-8 pictures. Had mine done recently in Town on my day out, required them for my blue badge renewal.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Our local travel agents take them and it costs a fiver. This is very good because they know all the requirements and in this digital age they check that you're pleased with the photo before they print it off for you.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • oneday
    got them done, £5.95 at processing shop, not too bad.