Flip bad timing.

kellerman
kellerman Member Posts: 741
edited 29. Nov 2011, 13:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,
Had a really good week-end.Sunday about 6 I went out to the car to get OH Christmas present...he'd gone to a meeting....didn't want to leave it there all night.
Anyway I went over on my ankle...worse one.I didn't hit the deck...just hobbled back in...nothing to see but painful.
Yesterday morning couldn't get my shoes on...ankle twice the size.
OH took me to casualty...Xray...nothing broken...but told there is something going on!!!!All bandaged up...can't put it on the ground,can't drive.Gp has now rung to get me an earlier appointment to see rheumy.
Big snag...sister going back in on Friday for other op.
Supposed to be going with daughter to see her doc about her blood results tomorrow. I can still go...hopping...but she will have to come and get me.
It couldn't have happened at a worse time.I've been told not to put ant weight on it...also my ankles are weak...yes I know they are.
Sorry...I'm just so fed up...now trying to sort out how I will manage to visit sister...and everthing else I have to do.
Here I go again...moan,moan,moan.
I just feel like screaming....I might yet.
Take it easy and sorry....you all have worse problems than me. May

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Go get a pillow now and scream into it for all you are worth, it can (and does) help. One does wonder how many more things can be sent to try us, somehow life always finds a way. I am so sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    let it all out, then take a deep breath now you will struggle but you will manage all you want to get done just remember to rest when you can and get others to fetch you or a taxi good luck val
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Why now, eh May?!

You'll cope, you're a very strong person and I'm sure you'll find your way round it all. :smile:

Thinking of you............... now scream!

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi May

Bless your heart lass :sad:

a055.gif a big hug for you

all will be well you know you will get there for your daughter and you will also be there for your sister. I know you will.

Try to rest in between times if you can. :???:

Love

Toni xx
  • kellerman
    Hi All,
    I'm not doing much more than rest at the moment.Just fed up.
    It's a torn ligament.Flipping painful.
    Yes I'll make it....if I have to get taxis I will.
    It's just come at a bad time....but I can't change it.
    May
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I tore a ligament in my left knee back kin the summer and yes, it did hurt! You poor thing, but it was all in a good cause (I know, not much help, sorry.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Oh how I feel for you-the frustration is beyond words some days isn't it!!! I think Sunday must have been one of those days-I popped out to fetch something from the car, tripped over the step on the way in and went sprawling on the kitchen floor- nseveral rude words and a few tears later hubby picked me up, made a cuppa and shot off to church. Now nursing a sore and swollen knee and struggling with everyday stuff like getting in to bed and into the bath.

Hope you're feeling better soon-take good care of yourself. Blessings

Deb x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi May
    Isnt it typical that it should happen at a time like this??? Blinkin arther choses his times doesnt he.
    Let us know about your daughter.....with you there you'll get the answers :lol::lol:
    As for Friday.....you know i am with you and Jackie in spirit but remember its my ortho appointment.
    Lets know how thats goes as well.
    Its been really stormy here.......got buffetted across the A1 and A19 on Sunday going to church.....now it is absolutly chucking it down??? have you got that as well?
    Take care and rest
    Love
    Hileena
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi May

Sorry about your torn ligament that must be so painful and obviously so frustrating. I hope you manage to get to do all the things you need to. Hopefully if you have rested today, tomorrow will be a little more bearable.

Take care and rest when and if you can

Love Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm sorry, May. I have no words of wisdom that will heal torn ligaments. Sometimes things are as they are and there is naff all you can do about it. I am thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kellerman
    Oh Bless you all,
    Hoppity here is so grateful to you all for cheering me up.
    Yes Deb....can't remember if I swore or not....think I was speechless for once.
    Linda....Better not just scream...young woman next door is very good and might think John has suddenly lost it......
    DD, You always help....I love your posts...so down to earth and please don't be offended....but some make laugh.
    Hileena...I will let you know what the doc says about my daughter,what time is your ortho appointment on Friday. Pocket duties I presume.
    Yes weather is the same here....but I haven't been anywhere. The way things are going at the moment I'd probably get blown over if I stood on the step!!!!
    I'm laughing at myself now as I am holding that foot in such a perculiar position every other bit is aching.I'm going for a slow hobble into the kitchen before I seize up....John cooking tea so probably told to go and sit down.
    Take care of yourselves.....weather going to get colder. May
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi May
    Look forward to hearing about your daughter and about Jackie
    My ortho appt....is 11.15am
    You know my worries about that dont you?
    Love
    Hileena