not happy

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 2. Dec 2011, 11:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
well when started work at 16 was due to retire at 60 three years before steve well with age difference etc i not retire 3 years after him how the heck did that happen and bet all those who fetched it in will have private pensions that pay out at 60 so they will be ok 67 who came up with that one :eek: :sad: :sad: :sad: val
val

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I can understand why you are not happy, and let's face it, who would be? 'They' trumpet the fact that people are living longer (which is fine if you are living healthier) but in our case it's anything but. Maybe this is another area that needs addressing, ie if you have some form of long-term health problem the general retirement age will not apply. Someone, however, has to be contributing to the coffers to fund current pensions, the NHS, benefits etc. Money does not grow on trees, it comes from the pockets of those in work. And that number is shrinking. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    if i work longer then a younger person is getting dole money because i am taking up a job that should have come free perhaps we should retire a year early and make more jobs for the young who are out of work ???? only an idea lol
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's a tricky one: it could be possible under the current regulations - and if one is healthy enough - to end up drawing a pension for longer than one's working life. Mr DD is in the private sector (although at one time his job was in the public) and is clued-up about such matters, so as a result we are living well within our possible standards to ensure a better income when he is retired ( and he has a dud wife to support too). It's not easy and I suspect harsh changes will have to be made. Elderly people are expensive people, that's not their fault but it is a fact of life - and the longer that life lasts the more expense is incurred. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    yes that true but if they work so much longer then they going to have worse health than if retired at the age lots of people have done for years so will require more money spent on them to be honest with arther will be lucky to get any where near do pat private pension that will pay peanuts and a one from when i was dinner lady and crossing patrol officer also worth peanuts think i should be a monkey val
    val
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    At 46 I'll technically have to work until I'm 67. However, some days now I struggle to get into the office and to stay all day so how I'm meant to manage this for the next 22 years I just do not know.
    My sister was 50 in September and has had multiple surgeries for female cancers, plus has surgery to a collapsed spinal disc. She's a pharmacy dispenser so is on her feet all day. Again, she'll be expected to work until she's 67 and that won't happen.
    My younger brother (45) a lorry driver/office manager for the firm has already had spinal surgery to relieve pressure on his spinal code from spinal arthritis. Can't see him working to 67 either.
    As a family we're not doing that well with subsidising the UK are we? Sorry about that.
    If you haven't got a medical condition and you haven't done a manual job you probably could work until 67. However, if you're not 100% or have worn yourself out through your work how are you meant to function?
    Imagine a 68 yr old teacher in front of a classroom of 33 infant children. No way Jose!
    Apols for rant - this is a "bugbear" for me. No you said - I'd never have guessed!
    Grace.
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • valval
    the trouble with most of those who have not done a manual job is they have big pensions that will kick in at 60 so will not bother them thery will not have to wait for state pension to kick in val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Instead of doing what they should do ie get the long term professional scroungers out to work as well as stopping the blatant abuse of our health and welfare system by the constant stream of the worlds dross who come here for an easy life they as always take the easiest route and that's to make those who play by the rules work harder and pay more.
    Bottom line is this is only the start, the very old and those who've always worked and paid their stamp are finding the benefits we've all paid in for are now being denied us, I look at the UK economic and welfare system like a body, if you don't do something about a disease that is attacking it and do as our leaders always do and that's to dodge making hard decisions by simply making the body work harder and longer which does no real good but only buys you time in time as the disease will still be there and will simply grow and grow.
    In fact our lot are feeding it, we have a hard core of people who have never worked and will never they know all the tricks so employ them to dodge any work that looks remotely like it might be heading their way, they also have kids who are following the same route taken by the parents and so unless you tackle them they are a malignant social growth who will in time out grow the very organism that supports them then what?.
    And to top it all we have a flock of immigrant labour who undercut the minimum wage so those who are trying to make ends me have to compete with them so end up having to work more and more hours and normally in more than one job.
    when were all old and b*******d we will no doubt be told we have to pay for the very care we've already paid for while the parasite who's p***d it up and breed feral clones of themselve's who are still living in the council house the parents did and doing the same get all their care paid for by the state from the pot of money you've been forced to pay for all your working life.
    you'll end up selling your house and using all your savings so there will be little left to pass on to them and your grand kids, but the one thing I can't work out is if people are made to work until their nearly 70 what work are they going to do and how fit will they be by that time?.
    Ok were living longer but that's not to say old people are illness free, how can it be expected that a 65 year old person can still do heavy manual physical work, office jobs are getting more high tech and need training for and who in their 60's wants or can even handle retraining in new PC based skills, by the time your up to speed you'll either be near retirement or probably off on long term sick or both.
    Lastly it's nice to know that the very people who are forcing this on us are now entitled to a full copper bottomed full pension after only sitting one full term of office. says it all doesn't it.
  • valval
    loved it mel well put how do they manage that i can understand them getting a small amount for the period of time they been in government but as with any pension you should work for x number of years for x amount val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    ye Gods Del you've gone and done now, me spleens really building up pressure, and there I was thinking I'd got through the week spleen explosion free!. x:lol: