Am I in denial, my three year old had just been diagnosed

2»

Comments

• Niknak
    Niknak Member Posts: 44
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thankyou sooo much arianna it's good to know you also have an active little angel too as it's hard to believe at times and I wish you so much health and happiness with this awful condition as I am just about ready to crack, I can't bear my baby girl being burdened with this, then there's family life money blah blah blah . How does every one manage to go to work and get time off for hospital appointments so that's bye bye job, dnt get me wrong nothing is too much for nik nak but still need to pay the bills. So methotrexate keep you posted arianna how it goes. And catherine thankyou you have put me at ease alot thankyou for sharing your story and I hope little man remains active happy and well and all the mums stay sain. So hugs all round and let's all help each other along the way xxxxxx chrissy xxxxxxx
  • Niknak
    Michelle how is your daughter hope everything is okay and I hope Freya is in a much better place Sam. Xx chrissy x
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Sounds like the appointment went well..
    The meds will hopefully help now to improve things for your daughter..Your doing a great job and don't forget that..
    Wishing you all well..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • worriedmum
    worriedmum Member Posts: 72
    Thanks,
    Freya enjoying a bit of a break at the mo before we start Humira trial, probably, next month. Glad things are settling for you too.
    Best wishes
    Sam. x
  • neilhosier
    neilhosier Member Posts: 5
    Hi Niknak,

Just wondered if there was an update on the treatment, have just today been told my 19 month old has been diagnosed with JIA following an arthroscopy to look in her knee as it had been swollen for about 3 months and she wouldn't weight bear on it, and they had no explanation. They gave her a steroid injection in her knee which made quite a difference and then they referred us to see the rheumy pead today, who was the guy to tell us she has the JIA, he also thinks it is in both her ankles. She is due to go in, in the middle of January to get steroid injections in both her ankles and then following that they mentioned the methotrexate, dont know anything about it, but my wife is a pharmacist and she instantly wasn't too happy hearing that medicines name. At the moment im quite optimistic, she is only 19 months and has been walking for the last 3 months with a limp, hoping we can now get the treatment to let her be a normal active toddler, but should I be worrying about other things too!!?? Does that sound crazy! She had an eye test today and said it looked okay at the moment, couldnt bear her having any problems with her sight on top of this.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Neil

I am so sorry to read about your little girl and my heart goes out to you both. I cannot help unfortunately, only to list the following links which you may not be aware of and that may perhaps be of some help:-

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/Microsites/parentsapply

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Youngpeopleandfamilies

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Someonetotalkto/Helpline/TheSource

There is the Helplines too of course and their number is at the top of the screen.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Niknak
    Thank you to every one who replied to me you all helped no end, I was just reading through this post and I must apologise as I did not post how nic was getting on regarding her meds and diagnosis. I have posted a new thread meds or no meds we have no say, it has been a nightmare which is why I have not posted but all the info is in new post. Any help appreciated xxx