Accident advice please......

katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 21. Dec 2011, 05:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
First of all Hi to everyone,not been on here for a while!!

Heres a juicy one for you all.....my daughter fell over yesterday on a garage forecourt,the forecourt was very uneven and slippery,the assistant came running out and helped her up and they got her to put her hand and arm in a bowl of cold water,they didnt fill out an accident report,we had to go to A&E this morning as she couldnt use her hand and she might have fractured it,unfortunatly its her right hand so she cant drive and go to work or any where else now...what do you think she should do about claiming compensation?not really sure how we go about it?

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Tricky one, if the place was a disaster waiting to happen then I guess it's not so bad as they do have a legal right of care towards people using their establishment but it depends how it sits with wounded party, in the long run we all end up paying more for claims as it feeds through to the insurance premiums, right now we have an ambulance chasing culture akin to that in the US.
    If they do go down the claim and blame route then they should keep away from the sharks on TV offering cost free claiming, they will stitch them up like a kipper, they (the claimant ) will get quite a lot less than if they went through a solicitor for example as they go for quick settlement as their costs are more important to them than the claimants pay out , you get owt for nowt as they say up tut North.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    firstly i think she should contact the company as they should have filled out an accident form and will have it on cctv camera they have a responsibility to-wards her contact your house insurance they usually give free legal advice worth a call to find out where she stands val
    val
  • katknapp
    i think thats what we will do val,it was like a dip but as it was raining she didnt see it,fortunatly she kept her reciept so they can look the time up on that,what an awful thing to happen shes so worried about not being able to work nowxx
  • katknapp
    my daughter said the ground felt slimy too,we were a bit wary of the no win companies they always come across as dodgy lol,but she has to at least get back her lost wages,poor girl has had rotten luck latelyx
  • katknapp
    knowing my daughters luck she will get a bunch of forecourt flowers and a packet of crisps of her choice lol!!
  • valval
    katknapp wrote:
    knowing my daughters luck she will get a bunch of forecourt flowers and a packet of crisps of her choice lol!!

no choice just what not selling lol. how is she doing ??? it such a shock when you fall hope she getting all the help she needs val
    val
  • katknapp
    well put it this way val i never thought i would be getting my 22 year old dressed again i thought those days were long gone lol! :grin: ...she quite bruised it was some fall!
  • valval
    katknapp wrote:
    well put it this way val i never thought i would be getting my 22 year old dressed again i thought those days were long gone lol! :grin: ...she quite bruised it was some fall!

take pictures to back things up when they look there worse val
    val