Homemade gifts

katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 22. Dec 2011, 16:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Does anyone make homemade gifts anymore?..im crocheting like made these last few days to finish the blanket i started in august,its now the size of a single bed and getting heavy!!!its a present for my daughter x;)

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hubby made wooden candle holders for nightlights, heart shaped ones have been experimented with this year and year of birth sixpence/ farthing embedded in the end of handmade wooden handle on garden trowel. I clear up the mess made in the garage x;) x:-D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    How lovely Elna. Does he sell them or is it a labour of love?

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    tkachev wrote:
    How lovely Elna. Does he sell them or is it a labour of love? E x

A labour of love, at the moment. x;) He is taking early retirement next year, though ........ so who knows? x:-D
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • katknapp
    we also had a go at making sweets ........the bin enjoyed them very much :grin:
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Yep, between the family loads of home made stuff, sweets, cards, photos, kitchenware, cushions, toys for kids and I'm starting woodturning and pottery! I have a pot of glue and a screwdriver for every occasion. Long live diy!!
  • katknapp
    Airwave i would love to have a go at pottery all those lovely wonky mugs i could make everyone for christmas,and they would have to be polite too lol!
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I want to make a casserole, some different size jugs and kitchen stuff mainly during pottery.