whats this new secure forum

oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 21. Dec 2011, 11:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Got an email off Guy,web master along the lines...forum members havent had a secure place to chat and how about joining a Scottish forum.
1. why hasnt this been secure on here?
2. why it is an invitation to a new Scottish one
Puzzled!
Has anyone got one and what does it mean?

Comments

• jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Oneday,

He means secure, as in you feel secure, not in any technical sense.

I am sure that the webmanager will get back to you with more info tomorrow.

Jean
  • oneday
    Hi Jean
    Thanks for that...it did say...

Following a review of the year with my director we realise that as forum members we have not been giving you the secure place that you might like to chat.

It sort of gives the impression that this forum isnt secure technically or emotionally??
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    I will ask him to contact you with a fuller explanation.

Jean
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    I found the email very interesting and encouraging.

I think many of the old posters may well be intrigued at the possibility of becoming part of the sort of......I think I prefer the word "safer" rather than "secure".......Forum being described, hopefully more like how this one used to be........Ange.x.
  • oneday
    I guess we are going to wait for Guy to give full clear info x:neutral:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    I am going to miss some of you that go over to that forum big time....

I haven't had an email and have no idea what its about but really will miss the folks I chat to .... again..... Cris
  • oneday
    I am not going anywhere Cris!
  • angel1
    "That's a tad contentious Ange"

Oh, the irony!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    : ) @ Angel1

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hopefully not divided we fall................. x:(
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I'm not sure what is meant by ''this forum's culture''. What culture is that, might we ask?

I've always found it to be one of friendship and fun, so long may it continue x:-P .

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    If members in the so called 'group A' are not happy with the forum in it's present form (ie it's culture) they are not obliged to post as some have apparently already taken this option.They are free to set up their own forum.
    It seems odd to me that Webmanager(s) is apparently encouraging or assisting the setting up of a 'splinter group'.I have misgivings on their actions.
    I for one have all intentions of staying!!!!
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • angel1
    rehab44 wrote:
    angel1 wrote:

Oh, the irony!
    Heat and kitchen Ange? :lol:

Exactly, which is why I don`t spend any time "in the kitchen" any more!

Any road up - as Ichabod would say! - Happy Christmas to you and yours......Ange.x.
    x8-)
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 20. Dec 2011, 10:13
    Oh the dog wagging the tail more like.! Hye you don't think were being targeted by Islamic cyber terroritst or worse hacked by the filth from the daily s**g do ya??.
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    angel1 wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    angel1 wrote:

Oh, the irony!
    Heat and kitchen Ange? :lol:

Exactly, which is why I don`t spend any time "in the kitchen" any more!

Any road up - as Ichabod would say! - Happy Christmas to you and yours......Ange.x.
    x8-)

The kitchen has been rather empty lately only popped in to see what this was about.

:grin:@ange
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    have only found freindship and am bit insulted by the fact that certain people are choosen to go else where because the rest of us are not up to there standards or do i read that wrong have been part of this forum and never reported any one never mind how insulting they might have been but contact them and explain my point of view may differ from theres but that there is room for all here or am i wrong it does smack of them and us val
    val
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    rehab44 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    have only found freindship and am bit insulted by the fact that certain people are choosen to go else where because the rest of us are not up to there standards or do i read that wrong have been part of this forum and never reported any one never mind how insulting they might have been but contact them and explain my point of view may differ from theres but that there is room for all here or am i wrong it does smack of them and us val

Has Mellman reminds us Val, we are a multicultural society and the 'minority' have rights which they use to their full advantage. In this country we do seem to bend ove backwards for them. I reckon we should have a grumpy old buggers forum, the problem being we are in the majority :lol:

can do the grumpy but not quite got to the old lol
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    I for one have no wish to join a Scottish forum or a Welsh arthritis forum. Cannot see the point. We all have arthritis, that is our common link and often our only common link. There are different rulings in Scotland and Wales on certain issues but most of us are aware of them anyway.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    webmanager wrote:
    Hi again,
    I am sorry if this has opened a can of worms, it was not intended to.

Someone PM'ed the team and asked some good questions:

Why was this done secretly? Why where only certain people invited to to the Connect Scotland forum?
    It was not done secretly but I did email those who had expressed disquiet/unhappiness over the last year. I wanted to contact a smaller group rather than all the forum.

Sorry webmanager, but sadly I feel that you have opened a can of worms. This could have been avoided if you had announced the setting up of the Connect Scotland forum openly, and invited all who wished to join, rather than the smaller group you mentioned. I wonder whether any of the rest of us would have known anything about it if oneday hadn't posted this thread? If only a small group of people are contacted, it does suggest a degree of secrecy which I find distasteful.

I'm rather puzzled as to how the new forum's ''culture'' is going to differ from this one if everyone is free to post on it as you have said, and in what way is it going to be more ''secure''?

Like Val, I feel somewhat offended at the insinuation that somehow the ethos of this forum is not good enough. Are we to be known as Group B in future ie. inferior in some way?

Rehab is right that it is divisive, which is a shame. As Elna has said, we all have a common bond and should be helping and supporting each other, not breaking away into splinter groups.

Joan
  • tkachev
    elnafinn wrote:
    I for one have no wish to join a Scottish forum or a Welsh arthritis forum. Cannot see the point. We all have arthritis, that is our common link and often our only common link. There are different rulings in Scotland and Wales on certain issues but most of us are aware of them anyway.

Elna x

Me too Elna. I cannot see the point either.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/forums/announces/connect-scotland-t28436.html

No secret Joan. The above link was posted in November.

Fraid I don't know about the emails though.

Happy Christmas everyone,
    Lynn x

Hi Lynn
    It was the emails I was referring to. I didn't receive one, did you?

Joan
  • tkachev
    rehab44 wrote:
    There is a lot of mileage left in this thread, a lot of questions unanswered and unanswerable. I do not like what I have read and the inferences that have been made. It is divisive and I believe will only add to the problem it was attempting to resolve. I think that there is nothing more for me to say except Merry Christmas to all of you, and a Happy New Year

Better ask the webmanager about it. He wrote it.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Two questions.

Have I really said "any road up?". I sometimes say "hey up" and
    more often "bugger me" and occasionally "**** it." But "any road up?"

Who are the members of group A?
  • joanlawson
    ichabod6 wrote:
    Two questions.

Have I really said "any road up?". I sometimes say "hey up" and
    more often "bugger me" and occasionally "**** it." But "any road up?"

Who are the members of group A?

Hey up, Ichabod, evidently not you or me x:!:

We're definitely Group B sort of people, **** it x:lol:
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Bugger me, Joan. I think you must be just about bob on.
This discussion has been closed.