Iv'e heard the following shops are gonna close soon

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 22. Dec 2011, 15:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
1. H.M.V.....just revealed their sales figures.... disaster.
2.. Comet... sales figures..... disaster
3.. Barrets shoes....... sales figures.... disaster
4..Blacks outdoor clothing/ camping... sales figures..... disaster
5.. Bon Marche... womens clothing, sales figures.... disaster.
6.. Top Shop... Philip Green is going to close half his shops.
7.. Thorntons chocolates, sales figures.... a disaster
8.. J.B.Sports.... sales figures... a disaster
9.. Millets.... a disaster
So, if anyone gets a gift token etc for Christmas for one of these shops...hurry before the doors close for good, and these are just a few I can remember, there are loads more. Merry Christmas. Alanthemanc

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I guess this reflects the general lack of cash that we are all feeling, plus the general 'overkill' on the high street, e.g. Milletts and Blacks are the same company as are Topshop and BHS - our town has one of each, why? They all sell the same tat. As for Thornton's well, their chocs are no longer that 'special' - and you don't get that much for your money! Mr DD is popping into Comet tonight for a telly for my mum - I hope it's still open! :smile: I hope you have a good Christmas, Alan. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Alan it does make you wonder what the high st will look like in 12 months time...the only one branching out near us is wilkies..
    Love
    Barbara
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    D/D
    Barbara
    Yeh, god knows what going to happen in the next few weeks. I reckon there's a lot of shops just hanging on for 3 or 4 weeks, maybe to the end of the sales weeks, and a lot could collapse like a pack of cards.
    Iv'e heard the guy who owns Top Shop in an interview last week basicly said that half his shops could close in the next year..... gulp.
    Same to you D/D. nice to hear from you. Alanthemanc
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    It's the cost of parking and the cost of petrol As you all know we live in Spain A couple of weeks back we ordered new underwear nightclothes and jeans from M&S It cost us £7 for delivery Had we still lived in UK it would have cost us at least a tenner for petrol and at least a fiver to park QED Someone somewhere needs a good **** kicking or more shops will go down the pan :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    You can always buy on line from amazon.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i can see lots of shops bitting the dust the tills have not been ringing but then no one knows what money they will have after christmas would miss bonmarche there sizes always good val
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    What shops are on the high street reflect our consumerism and what shops we lose will reflect what we're not spending money on. The owners of these businesses have not done well if they have all their eggs in one basket and will not survive in the long term.

Most high streets seem to consist of charity shops, takeaways and estate agents and they(the agents)aren't doing that well. Two more shoe shops have gone this week, locally.

If there is to be less money to spend over a long time then the value of our goods must drop, we need to rebalance the worth of everything, that will be a hard lesson.