what are you all having for christmas dinner?

katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 23. Dec 2011, 04:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
We have decided not to have turkey this year,we are having a lovley joint of beef......my nieghbours are having new potatoes and salmon which i found strange ...but why should you stick to turkey?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    We are having beef with olives on Christmas Eve (my husband's favourite), turkey on Christmas Day (the mums want that) and gammon on Boxing Day to please my BIL. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Turkey starter Turkey main and Turkey Pus I think looking at that big bugger we have
  • katknapp
    [/qWe are having beef with olives on Christmas Eve (my husband's favourite), turkey on Christmas Day (the mums want that) and gammon on Boxing Day to please my BIL. DD
    uote]

christmas eve is normally take away,oh is a postie so i never know what time he will finish, so its become a family tradition!! boxing day is leftover meat and chips with pickles and salad,actually i prefer boxing day,its more relaxed x;)
  • dreamdaisy
    It's a take-away for us tonight - :grin: - as the cooking-fest kicks in tomorrow with my Ma arriving - mind you that's only pies! Hats off to your OH, I bet he's working his socks off at the moment - unlike many I have nothing but praise for the Post Office, it's remarkable what they do and for such little cost. DD
  • katknapp
    It's a take-away for us tonight - - as the cooking-fest kicks in tomorrow with my Ma arriving - mind you that's only pies! Hats off to your OH, I bet he's working his socks off at the moment - unlike many I have nothing but praise for the Post Office, it's remarkable what they do and for such little cost. DD
    [/
    Yes he is DD,hes off to work at 5 in the morning and home at about 6.30 in the evening,sometimes with just a half hour break,hes been the village postie for 23 years now so fortunatly everyone knows him and appreciates himn x;)
  • dreamdaisy
    I do not have a clue who our postman is as the personel usually changes about every ten days but there is a postman called Clive (in the Ipswich area) who remembers me (and me him) because I kissed him (about twelve years ago now!) when he delivered a HUGELY important piece of post to me - and yes, it's still a case of a peck-on-the-cheek if we see each other! :smile: This week I have seen three different postmen trudging up my path and for me that's not so friendly. I envy the people on your man's round. DD
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    We are having a change from turkey this year we are having roast duck.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    my oldest is a postman as well and always wears shorts so most of out town know him as the posty who does not wear long trousers he has had the same round for years and loves it but drives him mad that they can not leave the sorting office till specials have arrived it often meens post late ours gets here about 1.30 i pass him(our postman) on way to work
    we are having 4 bird roast this year christmas eve is take away as work in a shop and it exhausting as a rule but break up friday this year so can chill val
    val
  • katknapp
    Hubby wears shorts all year round too lol,the old ladies on his round love it :lol:

we call the takeaway on christmas eve the last one of the year :grin:
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Turkey and a smoked gammon for lunch, well, a late ish one after a bottle of bubbly and some nibbles. Beef for Boxing Day, might have bubble n squeak the following day, if I'm lucky!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    katknapp wrote:
    Hubby wears shorts all year round too lol,the old ladies on his round love it :lol:

we call the takeaway on christmas eve the last one of the year :grin:

do not end up with wet trousers stuck to legs
    val
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Lamb for Christmas Day lunch, sandwiches for supper. Boxing day, buffet at Sis in Law's. The less fuss the better suits us just fine.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    We will be having crispy duck with pancakes and hoi sin sauce with spring onions and cucumber.

Tea will be cheese and crackers.

We shouldn't mention the enormous tin of chocolates we also have to nibble on........

I am not a huge fan of turkey more than once over Christmas. So far, I've had two meals. One at work, and one out, and that's my fix for the year done.

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..